Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yam 150 trp

hi,i have a yam 150 trp.
    can anyone tell me what the hose is that comes out the starboard lower housing
    and attaches onto a nozzle on the port lower engine cover? It is clearly a coolant
    hose but inside the housing there is nothing to attach it to.
    My previous yam was a Pro V 200 which is very similar but didnt have this hose.

I think some photos are going to be needed.

All I can guess is it is part of the motors flushing system but...

Since you are running the lower unit with the contra-rotating propellers do you think someone might have added some stuff to facilitate getting water into the motor? Like a low water pickup system?

If you have not already done so you know that you can see illustrations of all of the parts that are used on your motor. For instance

2001 DX150TLRZ Yamaha Outboard Parts

2001 DX150TLRZ Yamaha Outboard BOTTOM COWLING Diagram and Parts

Comment

thanks for that,i think you are spot on,looking at the exploded diagram it is hose
      44 and it goes round and dissappears behind cowling 34 on the starboard side.
      As i said where it connects to the port side under the lower engine cowling it just
      attaches onto a blanked off nozzle.
      i have never seen this before but it must for washing it out,would you agree?

Comment

meant to add,this model has a standard low water pick up already.
        cheers.

Comment

The end of the hose with the female fitting on the end is screwed to a male fitting just to hold the hose in place.

Unscrew the female end of the hose and it connects to the end of a garden hose that is connected to a tap on your house. You turn on the tap and water flows into the motor to flush the motor.

Comment

Working...
          X