GPS to Square Command Link Gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS to Square Command Link Gauges

This is what I learned in the last 4 days working on and off on hooking up my Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 3 to Command link square gauges for a 2014 VF250 SHO.

Hope this will help someone!!
    NMEA 2000 sends info to GPS only from other devices/motors
    NMEA 0183 sends info out from GPS to Command link gauges

This was done in order to get the square command link speed gauge to read MPH from GPS instead of pitot tube on 2014 VF250 lower unit that kept getting plugged up

This is for In dash key switch
    Lowrance NMEA 0183 yellow wire goes to White (+) wire off of key switch harness on speed Gauge.
    Lowrance NMEA 0183 Blue wire goes to Blue (-) wire off of key switch harness on speed gauge

This is very important!!
    After hooking up yellow and blue lowrance wires to white and blue on switch harness. Turn on GPS.
    MOVE BOAT OUTSIDE SO GPS CAN LOCK ON TO SATELLITES !!!!
    GPS WILL NOT SHOW ON COMMAND LINK SQUARE GAUGE IF BOAT IS INSIDE GARAGE/SHOP !!! Found out the hard way on this! LOL !

Originally posted by Texasoffshore View Post
    GPS WILL NOT SHOW ON COMMAND LINK SQUARE GAUGE IF BOAT IS INSIDE GARAGE/SHOP !!!
    I am imagine finding myself in that situation - must have been quite the hair-puller...

Originally posted by Texasoffshore View Post
    NMEA 2000 sends info to GPS only from other devices/motors
    well, your Lowrance certainly outputs GPS position via NMEA 2000.
    But that requires at a minimum, more "wire and connnectors".

The way you've done it, with 0183 - is easier - and "free"

Comment

"This is very important!!
      After hooking up yellow and blue lowrance wires to white and blue on switch harness. Turn on GPS.
      GPS WILL NOT SHOW ON COMMAND LINK SQUARE GAUGE IF BOAT IS INSIDE GARAGE/SHOP !!! Found out the hard way on this! LOL !"

Your gps will certainly show on your command link gauges IF it appears on your HDS Gen3 - however, I have found I catch more fish when the boat is not in the garage - but how you use your boat is your choice.

Ray

Comment

Working...
      X