No announcement yet.

95 Yamaha 200hp Offset on transom to install 9.9 4 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not long ago i was trying to figure out what i would do with my power ball winnings, but I did not have to worry to long as I did not hit any of the numbers
    I think being rich would be a hassle.
    but then you just pay other people to do everything for you and I am not used to doing things like that,
    and way too many people would be after what you have.
    being not rich could be a better life but I would like to see for myself
    OK back to the real world

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      Looks to me like an F150 with the 1 missing in front of the 50. Why would that be?
      Boscoe the other picture shows 60 on each engine. They look more comparable in size?
      There doesn't appear any space on the "larger one" to have lost a 1. Who has seen a 160 Hp anyway.
      I think subsequent postings have uncovered something.
      1. They are derrated engines.
      2. Some tax avoidance/ incentive to fit this way.
      3. There maybe some legal limit on max Hp of any one engine
      4. Bargains had at these Hp ranges
      5. Who knows but,

Back downunder registration authorities differ in their interpretation of what is register able . Some just take the main engine and ignore the extra one, some add the combined total.
      There maybe a loophole in this classification. Is it actually legal to bolt on a bracket and instal a smaller motor. This goes back to the OPs question that he may have been trying to do the right thing.
      A manufacturer specifies a max Hp rating on the section that is cutaway to sit an engine(s). He probably does not rate a Hp that can be fitted somewhere else on the back of the boat (nor do the authorities).
      So when a hull is rated for say 100hp, it is the sum of the engines fitted must not exceed 100. So in some places it is illegal to fit an aux bracket, and also illegal to say fit a 90hp main engine with say 15 Hp auxillary engine because they have exceeded the Hp limit.
      This is because authorities are too rigid too stupid when applying regulations.
      Without giving grief to the OP, his original proposition may be perfectly legal, adding his additional engine as told by many may be not! ( I'd start by questioning insurers).

Comment

99Yam40

Universal sentiment, that is why so many lottery winners loose the lot in a short time. I think it is more stressful if you know the Govt is going to always get their cut. For example the Govt encouraged superannuation, then saw it as a cash cow and started to change rules and began to heavily tax it. Even after the GFC wiped out many retirees super, the Govt continues to find ways of stealing retirees money, the only money they have worked their entire lives for. The lucky country they say!

But this is all relative; spend your money wisely as owning a boat puts you a cut above the rest.

And that money also should be spent, if you have a twin (matched) on a spare set of propellors (left and right rotation) appropriately lower pitched so that a single engine can run at max rpm wot!

(when I am really rich I'll get a better computer to post with!)
        Last edited by zenoahphobic; 01-29-2016, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Where did the pictures go. I need to inspect them to see if I misread a 6 for a 5.

One motor certainly looked much bigger than the other. To me it looked like an F150 but...

Comment

You mean the engines side-by-side,

one easily twice the size of the other-

and both cowlings said "50" ?

that got my attention, too

Comment

I don't see the pics anymore, either. But I thought it was a "50" on the bigger engine, also. However, I also thought that the "50" was the same size as the "50" on the smaller engine... Meaning they put the "50" on the big one like some of us put a "9.9" sticker on a "15". Wouldn't a "150" without the "50" be of a larger font size?. I know, I know, no one is going to confuse that bigger engine as an actual "50", but in different countries I don't know how closely someone looks
              Last edited by DennisG01; 01-29-2016, 12:28 PM. Reason: too many " "" "... ;)
              2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
              1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Oh Mr. Almetelo,

we need your photos again por favora.

Gracias

And your comments as to what HP motors are on those boats. The bigger one looked like an F150 to me when I compared its cowl to the illustration for an F150 cowling anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                  Oh Mr. Almetelo,

we need your photos again por favora.

Gracias

And your comments as to what HP motors are on those boats. The bigger one looked like an F150 to me when I compared its cowl to the illustration for an F150 cowling anyway.
                  There were pictures of two different boats.
                  The first does look like a F150 with the 1 missing- plausible.
                  The second boat definitely had two at 60. These were similar sized but if I were to guess maybe the one smaller does not quite look big enough to be a 60???

Comment

Two different sized engines side by side ARE NOT ALLOWED on this forum!!
                    Scott
                    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I haven't removed the pics.The photobucket site is on maintenance so that may be the reason we can't see the pics.
                      This motors are suposed to detuned but most if not all aren't and the autorities know that...
                      The reason is because this type of fishing/work boats are limited to some HP not by the manucturer of the boat but by law of that people that have no idea of they are legislating "if I'm using the right words" so PRT importers created an alternative, not only by YAMAHA but also by other brands. Maybe later I can post pics.
                      The only countries I've seen this is here and Spain.

Usually here:

F25 Fisher is a F40
                      F50 Fisher is a F80
                      F60 Fisher is a F100 or F115
                      F100 Fisher is a F150

This "detuned" motors are just on sale for commecial use and just can be sold for recreational nautical after 5 years (used)

On Honda they have the:

BF30Pro which is a BF50
                      BF50Pro that can be a BF75 0r BF90

Suzuki and other brands the same thing

Comment

Working...
                      X