Winky Blinky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winky Blinky

My Sx250 (2000) is intermittently losing power.. ""almost like a coil misfire on a car""" ... I checked fuel pressure and all filters ... would a Winky-Blinky be a useful diagnostic tool ???

I doubt it.

Intermittent problems are the worst. Usually failing to show up when tests are being done.

Comment

Yes .... today ran the boat 0ver 3 hours and ran great ... thinking maybe an injector issue that may have cleared or maybe just wishful thinking .... On another note MR BOSCOE99..... The information you sent me on the Tachometer and the 3 flashing bars was the reason I was able to fix that problem ... You set me in the right direction .. You're a good teacher !!!! Thank you sir !

Comment

You are welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by ttles714 View Post
          Yes .... today ran the boat 0ver 3 hours and ran great ... thinking maybe an injector issue that may have cleared or maybe just wishful thinking .... On another note MR BOSCOE99..... The information you sent me on the Tachometer and the 3 flashing bars was the reason I was able to fix that problem ... You set me in the right direction .. You're a good teacher !!!! Thank you sir !
          what was the problem u found

Comment

With Boscoe99's help I was able to understand what the flashing bars meant ... The 3 flashing bars meant that the engine mounted oil tank was low ... In checking, I found that the main oil (hull mounted) tank was not pumping oil to the smaller engine tank ... Even so when activating the emergency switch .. I could hear the pump running ... so the short story is I would like to kill the guy who decided to mount the oil tank where it is in the boat ... cleaned the tank and filter and all is good !!

Comment

OK, a plugged filter.
              and cleaning the tank to keep from plugging up the filter again
              thanks for reporting the fix

Comment

Working...
              X