help with tachometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with tachometer

Boat has this tach ... can someone supply a part # or link for owner manual for it's operation .... 3 rectangular black bars blinking ?? has no set or mode buttons on bottom of tack

I have no idea on model,
    but which bars are blinking?
    some of the ones on the right side?
    those should be trim level

Comment

lol no!! not the sender unit indicators ...... there are 3 bars at the bottom of the gauge that are blinking and the engine is in limp mode.... the telltale is pissing water and the oil is full however i don't see water coming out of the exhaust ports in the rear of the motor .. ... if you look at the tach in the picture you can see one of the bars I an talking about .. but there are a total of 3 of them that are blinking on and off .. I am assuming I have some type of overheating condition but as i said the telltale has a good flow .. the motor is a 2000 SX250 2 stroke ox66

Comment

Comment

https://www.yamahapubs.com/

Comment

Thank you sir ....... the chart helps a lot .... are there any indications for temperature ? a similar chart as to what you sent ??... the gauge has 3 flashing bars ? there is printed on the bottom an oil can and a thermometer icon ... i am not sure how to interpret .... Your time, I know, is valuable and you donating it here on this forum is priceless .... thank you ...

Comment

If the temperature is excessive then a bar will appear above the temperature icon. The motor will go into RPM reduction mode.

There can be a total of four bars. The one left side bar for temperature. The three right side bars for oil system status.

Comment

With the tachometer showing the three oil bars illuminated and flashing, is the engine mounted main oil tank low on oil with there being oil in the remote oil tank? That is one indication that the chart above is telling you that might be a possibility.

If so, test the filter, and also the oil pump itself, by using the toggle switch to turn on the remote oil tank oil pump. Do you hear the pump run? Does oil then flow from the remote tank to the engine mounted oil tank? The oil pump may have crapped out. The filter may be clogged restricting the flow of oil if the pump is running.

Comment

Working...
                X