Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Unit compatibility- 2 stroke 200

Hello,

Does anyone know the true compatibilty for the 2 stroke pro-v engines? I know the pro-v 150,175,200HP all are the same, but what other years and models fit?

Dealer told me 6G5-45300-13-EK and I found 6G5-45300-1B-8D as a superceeded number. They say that they can't determine if that's correct.

A rebuild place told me neither is correct and I need 6H1-45300-11-NA, but that looks to me like it is for a 4 stroke. I am scouring ebay and facebook for fits, and found a 2000 150HP 2 stroke lower for a good price, but wasn't sure if it was the right ratio. They don't remember the model it came off of, but are there any models that would or wouldn't be compatible?

I do not want an SEI unit as they seem to have issues pushing a heavier single engine boat. I would consider a new unit as the cost of rebuilt is almost the same.

I have no idea what motor you have, but this shows a 89,90,91,92 and 93
    150,175, and 200 use that part number

YAMAHA OEM LOWER UNIT ASSEMBLY REF. #2~71) - 6G5-45300-13-EK | Boats.net

Comment

That would help- 1993 200 txrr.

I was told I don’t want the “cheap” spanner nut lower unit by the rebuilder but that doesn’t make sense to me if that is what is stock

Comment

looks like you are newby, if you ask such questions dealers and pros. THEY sense it and try to sell you expensive stuff. it is good to have people like you willing to pay MAX to local businesses, it really helps them.

Comment

Before Yamaha I had twin mercury and SEI low units were great

Comment

I mean I’m not sure either of those responses helped. I’ve been around here since 2016 and definitely not my first rodeo with shops. I am asking because I’m curious what the lower units compatibility’s are as they are getting older and seemly harder to find, and find good ones.

I would buy a new one for peace of mind over a Chinese sei that no Yamaha users seem to have luck with. I’m not risking blowing a lower unit and losing a $800 prop plus a tow.

there’s a difference of $2300 and $4500 with the part numbers I was given.

Comment

are you changing water pump yourself? you are newbie to me if you service you equipment at shops. try to re-seal lower unit for a change. save as much money as possible for near future

Comment

What? I never said anything about a water pump. I have re done my own prop seals. I work on my own stuff. I called a dealer to get the correct part numbers to find a lower unit. I don’t know what is hard to understand. You obviously are a newbie at forums and helping people.

I am confused by half your answers on this forum. You hardly provide substance.

my case is cracked and pitted through. Hence why I’m looking for a new one.

Comment

good. you know something. and diy - very good. all info available everywhere for everyone - why you call dealership? why you asked here - to lazy too find out yourself? yes I made a mockery of your question, because you are lazy to find all info yourself. do your homework first, before getting here. the
                  " substance" you seeking someone will provide to you without you lifting a finger, may be how you live nowadays. out.

Comment

What do you think the point of forums are? I have all the shop manuals for my engine. Do you think they list all the future lower units that didn’t exist in 1993? You are a dense person. You made a mockery of yourself.

I found all the part numbers I need. Yamaha doesn’t list specifics that I can find. Therefore, I used a tool (the forum as you won’t compute this) to find out more.

stop responding to people on here with your nonsense.

Comment

Me neighbor has a 140 2 stroke Suzuki notorious for the LU cracking horizontally at the widest part of the case (both sides).

Their extremely hard to find but folks were welding them and re-selling for a small fortune.

After much searching we decided to pull the prop shaft and have both sides welded.
                      We cleaned the aluminum (inside and out) and had local shop weld up the case.

With a Dremel, (We had an extended version) we snuck up on the inside of the case smoothing it out.
                      Cleaned and re-assembled we were quite successful.. This was at least 10 years ago.

*The boat was used in both brackish and salt water (Gulf of Mexico)...

Depending on how bad yours is, you may consider repairing it..

Scott
                      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Is the complete model of the 2 stroke 200 in the subject line not known? I am guessing that it might be a P200 of some vintage. But...

With but some simple math the gear ratio of most Yamaha lower units can be determined by getting the number of gear teeth from the Yamaha parts catalog.

For instance.

Comment

Most Yamaha two stroke V6 lower units will fit and work. Although the gear ratios might not be the best for a particular boat, motor and propeller.

Here are just two.

Comment

Thank you- are there identifying marks anywhere to let you know what ratio it is? I would guess the 1.86 would be more common

Comment

Originally posted by sony224422 View Post
                              Thank you- are there identifying marks anywhere to let you know what ratio it is? I would guess the 1.86 would be more common
                              Not that I know of. Only thing to do is to do the math based on what the parts catalog shows as the number of gear teeth.

Comment

Working...
                              X