motor dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor dies

2003 f225..... after a five minute warm up the motor dies .... re starts and and runs for 45 seconds and dies again ... restarts and runs for 45 seconds and dies again .. just keeps on doing this ..... No YDS Codes >>> high pressure fuel tested at schrader valve, ok and constant.... High pressure fuel filter changed, engine fuel filter changed , same symptoms on 5 gallon tank, injector filter changed.... .. Questions does this motor have a water cooled ECU ?? Could The ECU be overheating? Would the ECU overheating show a code ? Anyone have any ideas ??

does it help to pump the primer bulb?
    I am sure you tried that to make sure the VST is not running out of fuel

Comment

pumping ball does nothing as VST is full... replaced low pressure pump and same situation .. No codes has me baffled.. . ran it with fuel pressure gauge attached ... had pressure until it stalled out ... stalls every 45 seconds so consistent every time. ....

Comment

In relation to my post about this motor stalling every 45 seconds after warm up >>>> I am thinking Maybe Vapor Lock ???? Anyone ???? What is the purpose of the fuel cooler ( beyond the obvious please ) ... Is there a way to check it ?? could it cause a Vapor lock ? If my fuel pressure is good, Does that eliminate this part ?? The Same question about the Air Vent (located on top of the VST ) ??? I have been trying to get a service appointment but nothing available for weeks ! Thanks

Comment

either you rail pressure is dropping off causing the motor to die or your spark is going away.

as soon as the motor dies turn off the key and then drain the VST to see how much fuel in in there when it dies.
          if it is full then maybe your fuel pump inside the VST is shutting off for some reason.

vapor lock would mean there is no fuel in the VST for that pump to pump into the rail, fuel boiled away while sitting after a hard run

I am not sure how to verify that spark is staying when it dies,
          monitoring spark with a timing light might let you see if the plug wire you have the timing light attached to still is flashing the timing light as the motor winds down

Comment

Working...
          X