Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F130A goes off in neutral throtlle -> how to increase throttle speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F130A goes off in neutral throtlle -> how to increase throttle speed?

Hi folks,
    happily we use the F130A from 2019 - great engine.

Now we have the problem that the engine goes off in neutral throttle speed almost everytime and after few seconds (motor is on normal tmeperature and running normal else), and i feel it is because it is too low, it goes down to 600.
    Normal function is super, it runs well.

The problem is new. Might be because recently the water cooling behind the rectifier was blocked (mud in the outlet hose) and then the rectifier overheated and the sytem shut of itself. We cleaned the colling system and all runs well.
    Could as well be the spark plugs, but they look normal - anyway, working hours unknown sinece we bought the engine end of last year.

Where can i adjust the neutral throttle speed by myself or is that a function of the computer steering? I am engineer but did not find anything regards that.

Thanks a lot,
    Tobias
    https://skadarlake.me
    Skadar Lake Boat Tours

Since I do not see a listing for that motor here in the USA ,I guess this is a fuel injected motor.
    And that it would have an Idle Air Control Valve.
    Check to make sure it is functional & not sticking

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      Since I do not see a listing for that motor here in the USA ,I guess this is a fuel injected motor.
      And that it would have an Idle Air Control Valve.
      Check to make sure it is functional & not sticking
      Great thanks, i will check.
      The engine is the 130 hp https://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/prod...-cylinder/f130

Comment

Would someone kindly tell me where i find the "Idle Air Control Valve"? It is not displayed pn that name here so i am a bit lost now . Thank so so much.
        Its the Model Name F130AETL Model Year 2019 Model Type Code 6EM5 Product Code 060 Colour Type A Colour DARK BLUISH GRAY 1
        Screenshot 2024-08-30 145138.png

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/de/en/se...rts-catalogue/

Comment

IMHO you should take your motor to mechanic. You may damage it more instead of repair. Your learning curve may become very expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by amahaork View Post
            IMHO you should take your motor to mechanic. You may damage it more instead of repair. Your learning curve may become very expensive.
            Problem is: in Montenegro is no mechanic who has a clue of it - simply like this. We had the motor at a mechanic and he even did not find the problem with the cooling..and since i repair my BMW motocycle completely on my own i dare to do that ;-)
            But i am happy to get somne help from you guys, that would be perfect!

Comment

Yamaha has very detailed service manual on every motor. And Yamaha is very easy to work on. Study manual first. Getting help here is a short-cut. Usually "something wrong" is a combination of problems. And since it is boating-related, you don't want to find yourself a couple of miles out to sea with dead motor and unfavorable wind and waves.

Comment

I believe this diagram shows one on a F150.

Yamaha Outboard 2019 OEM Parts Diagram for Intake 3 | Boats.net

From what I have read on here, when you turn the key to the off position you should here a rattling sound from the valve as it resets itself to full open for the next start.(if it is working properly and not stuck)

Comment

An F130 is the equivalent of a US F115.

An idle air control valve is also known as an idle speed control valve.

Comment

guys, thank you very much - i will check now

Comment

Maybe Boscoe knows. Is it possible that motor may have an electronic throttle body?

Comment

Looks mechanical to me.

I don't know for sure but I doubt any Yamaha model with an IAC/ISC valve uses an ETV.

Comment

Working...
                        X