• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like this one:

Comment

Originally posted by almetelo View Post
      Like this one:

Thanks. I have not seen one like that particular version. Yam makes over 15 different versions of the 703 box today. Going back in time there is no telling how many different kinds they have offered.

I can always learn something on this website.

Comment

Exactly the same 703 as on my brother in law's boat. Never had so much fun putting the wiring back in it after replacing the key barrel.

Comment

As thread starter I should do the testing. I have the boat/motor on the trailer in my garden, but it`s full winter here. -10 celsius and windy. I stay in my garage working on the LU. I suggest we wait til march and I will come back with my findings. Before that I will take carbs off for cleaning and at same time clean/check that solenoid valve.

Thanks guys,
          Bo Gunnar

Comment

Originally posted by almetelo View Post
            At cold start by pressing that switch the carb solenoid is activated since is not necessary press that switch to resart motor again (unless some hours/days later)

The switch is on 703 box between the ignition key and the lanyard switch
            looks like we have an answer to the puzzle

It may just lift a needle to allow extra fuel to flow to intake or maybe it squirts a little fuel in

Maybe like a choke you just keep hitting it as needed for warm up

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

Maybe like a choke you just keep hitting it as needed for warm up
              Seems to work fine on our boat. A few toggles up - no idea about the technology behind it. Key also pushes in, again, no idea what that does either

Comment

Working...
              X