Help Identifying Yamaha Outboard Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identifying Yamaha Outboard Parts

• I have a 2006 Yamaha 50TLR 2 stroke. recently the motor developed battery charging issues. I removed the flywheel cover and the flywheel to inspect the coils. I noticed the 2 parts in the picture on the ground. One has an "R" on it the other a "L". {"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tyamaha parts picture.jpg Views:\t0 Size:\t76.7 KB ID:\t240357","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"240357","data-size":"medium"}
      I do not know where the 2 parts came from. I looked up every parts diagram I can find on this motor and I have yet to see these 2 parts in any diagram. any help in identifying these parts and where they go would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help. Papa Croppie

your link does not work so we have no idea what you are `talking about

Comment

sorry about that here is the picture

Comment

Strange way to test the charging system but so be it.

Need to see photos of what you are seeing.

What colour wires are going to the parts in question?
        Last edited by boscoe99; 07-17-2024, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by papa croppie View Post
          sorry about that here is the picture

still cannot see pic

Comment

Comment

each part is approx 1" long, 1/2" tall and a1/4" wide. They have no holes or bolt marks on them. at one end there is a half round integral shaft that sticks out about a 1/8" past the opposite side with the letter on it.

Comment

boscoe99 there are no wires attached to these parts and there is no apparent contact point on them either

Comment

finally a pic to see.

exactly what do you mean by I noticed the 2 parts in the picture on the ground?
                  not on the motor, or in boat,
                  but on the earth ground or floor.
                  why do you think they came from the motor or flywheel?
                  Last edited by 99yam40; 07-18-2024, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Those parts don't look like anything to do with a Yamaha motor. But...

Comment

Does it have pull start? Can’t see the picture, but……maybe they are the pull start “pawls”?

Comment

Originally posted by ausnoelm View Post
                        Does it have pull start? Can’t see the picture, but……maybe they are the pull start “pawls”?
                        that is what I thought also, but I do not see a pivot point of those things
                        and I do not see that 2006 50 having the pull start, just a place to rap a rope onto to try to pull starting

Comment

Working...
                        X