Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 2B query

Hi,

I was given an old 2hp Yam as an Auxillary recently. It fired up ok initially and ran for a few minutes but I couldn't get it started again & it hasn't ran since.

I found a small piece of wood on the underside of the casing which was plugging a hole. (See photos)
    I thought this was the telltale hole so I unplugged it but I've since found out that it isn't!

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me what the hole is actually for & could me unplugging it have caused the outboard to stop running.

Sorry if this is a bit of a daft post/question but I know very little about 2-strokes & I can't find much online.

Thanks in Advance!!

Only thing I can think of is that it may have been a drain hole for the pan. Perhaps it was leaking fuel and they didn't want it going in the water or on their floor??

As for it running you need three things, compression, fuel and spark. Two stroke super simple, especially those little 2hp that Yamaha has been making for 25 plus years. You have to find which of these things you don't have. Take plug out and ground it on the block to check for spark. Spray a little fuel in the carb and if it fires off then you have a fuel problem. It ran already so pretty sure it has enough compression to run.

Do some troubleshooting and check back with your results.

Good luck

Comment

Thanks very much, I will do!

Comment

Working...
      X