Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 yamaha 60hp autolube bleed screw

Hi guys.
    I would like to replace the small clips on the pipes from the autolube pump going to the cylinders as you can see in the pic they are a bit rusty. Now I see in the older workshop manuals they advise to bleed the pump whenever you disconnect a pipe. I just cannot seem to see where the bleed screw is. It is a 2001 model. Is the pump perhaps self bleeding? Please help!!! Battling to upload the picture from my phone will try from my PC later. Please help me
    Attached Files
    Last edited by shanemacleod; 12-10-2015, 12:06 PM.

I'd clean the rust off with some W-40 and an old toothbrush and leave it alone...no real need to screw with it.....

Comment

From the picture, alone, they really don't look that bad. I'd probably either just let them alone (maybe spray with something like Boeshield to help protect), or maybe wire brush them off (SS or brass) a bit and then some Boeshield.

I'm not sure if there's a need to bleed?
      2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
      1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

The ones in the photo are the good ones, the others are rusted so bad that when you touch them they fall off, so kinda need to replace them, the ones in the picture I am going to leave as they are for now. still kinda dumb struck about the bleed screw though

Comment

@DennisG01 I don't think so either because I havnt removed any of the supply pipes from the tank to the pump, I just removed the pipes from the check valves and from where it connects to the cylinder as those were badly rusted and were falling off. and I didn't let any oil spill out of the pipes, so I don't think any air went back down into the actual pump.

Comment

Maybe just remove old rusty clamps and replace with zip-ties?....then check/replace as needed zip-ties about yearly?...just an idea..

Comment

bingo
              the pump is self bleeding.
              note the return line on the tank?
              if your worried run 50/1 premix for a few gallons after you do it.

Comment

@rodbolt17, thanks so much for the info, I thought that might be the case but wasn't quite sure. I was planning on running 50:1 pre mix for a whole 25L tank on sunday at the dam up the road and checking the oil level in the tank by means of making lines, it will smoke a lot and maybe foul up some plugs but that is ok. I have two of the 60's on my boat as I use it for deep sea fishing and here in South Africa there are not many ports or harbours to go out through so we launch our boats off the beach through the surf, last thing I want is the oil system failing on me because I didn't take proper precautions.
                Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                X