Carb Metal Gaskets, O-rings substitutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Metal Gaskets, O-rings substitutes

I'm rebuilding my carbs and found they have no metal washer thingies (Yamaha 6E5-14397-00-00 O-ring Gasket) on the bottom little screw plugs for the slow jets. I need four of them. Is there something I can use as a substitute so I can go out tomorrow?

It's # 12 in the link 1994 P115TLRS Yamaha Outboard CARBURETOR Diagram and Parts
    1993 Mako 161 Flats, 1994 P115TLRS

typically they either stick in the counterbored hole or to the plug. for some reason they are usually not included in the kit.
    you also sometimes drop them cause you did not know they existed.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
      typically they either stick in the counterbored hole or to the plug. for some reason they are usually not included in the kit.
      you also sometimes drop them cause you did not know they existed.
      I looked with a magnifying glass and don't see them with the carbs upside down on the table. I don't see them there. Is there something I could use as a substitute?

Comment

take a small pick, gently try to see if the gaskets are still in the fuel bowl.
        I cant belive all 4 are missing.
        if they are there they are reusable typically.

Comment

I thought the same as you, and used a magnifying glass and a pick, they are not there, and it was not leaking.

Comment

The parts I need to order are Yamaha 6E5-14397-00-00 O-Rings gaskets, Boats.net shows only one piece in the pack picture online, while I see this picture below from one sold on Ebay that has 5 pieces. How many pieces come in the pouch?

Last edited by KlinkSanford; 12-06-2015, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X