Boat mounted fuel water seperator replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

townsend

FUNYY,, I posted a reply a day ago and it went to internet zombie land..Nice dock (and boat)...question.. what was your performance like with the new motor ? not gph or noise in db.. but the over all at WOT and pulling pwr ? I always ask and if propped and X factor correct.. get many different answers..sometimes a few more lbs on the back has surprising results..when are you avable to make a custom dock and davits
    in 2016 in CA

Comment

Originally posted by bajakeith View Post
      FUNYY,, I posted a reply a day ago and it went to internet zombie land..Nice dock (and boat)...question.. what was your performance like with the new motor ? not gph or noise in db.. but the over all at WOT and pulling pwr ? I always ask and if propped and X factor correct.. get many different answers..sometimes a few more lbs on the back has surprising results..when are you available to make a custom dock and davits
      in 2016 in CA
      I retired in 2006 and work(more as a hobby) out of the house so I have plenty of free time.

Re the re-power, yes, the Yamy is MUCH quieter, at least 100lbs heavier.

Once propped right(the installer was terrible, prop way off-(wouldn't get out of it own way), the trim tab, adjusted to other side than specified (pulled HARD ALL THE TIME to the right). Once re-propped (with a SS prop) the trim tab adjusted, completely different motor.

The Yamaha is just about as fast out of the hole, nailing it from idle-(VERY, VERY CLOSE). On plane 3-5 seconds?? Top end, maybe 1-2 MPH slower (approx 46 MPH per the GPS)

Fuel mileage, easily 3X's BETTER. That's both good and bad. Yes, its much cheaper to run, BUT, my fuel, even with the stabilizer, is old. With a built in 50-60(I forgot) tank, I keep it at least 3/4 full.

I'll use maybe 5 gallons for an entire day of running.

The oil change, well, I'd rather have the 2 stroke..

I keep a maintenance record on all my machines.. The Yamaha maintenance,
      especially with the oil changes, is WAY longer than my Evinrude... Its been in for the balancer re-call, had the typical issues with the low idle, one lower unit seal(input seal-one of two, failed-no leakage-preventive maintenance)

The Evinrude, a T stat, varnished carbs twice (till I used stabilizer) and an ECM (still worked but wasn't quite right) about $250(myself installing), WP.

So the yearly and overall maintenance costs of the Yamy has been more EXCEPT IN FUEL costs..

*IF I had the option of buying both engines brand new, I'd probably go for the Evinrude. Just for much less maintenance, NO FI, no gazillion fuel filters, less stuff to fail/maintain..

Re the davits, BEFORE the post lift, I dug, formed up and welded up the re-bar for the bases. Those davits were easily 20 years old when I bought them in about 1980, used. Re-wired the user controls a couple of times, eventually installed SS cables.

The post lift WAS my next door neighbors lift.

He upgraded and I bought his for 1K. It's for a much larger/wider boat so I had plenty of room to work around the boat using the main frame as the base.

Four posts installed and the lift moved, 2K.
      I used all the old wiring/box, piping etc(some mod's), did the re-wiring myself and tied into the davit / dock electric line.

The canopy, about $2,500.

The galvanized extensions (closest to the engine to stand on), about $500...

I did have to re-angle the main hull supports so ALL water would drain from the hull W/O making my "walk-around" angled/crooked back too (close to level with the boat hull angled up in the front- no standing water in the hull to corrode the aluminum tank)

Re California, send me a two way plane ticket and have some $ for bolts, wood, etc and have basic wood working tools, circular saw, drill motor, etc, A roof and I'm ****...
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
      X