Oil Pump Hoses & Clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pump Hoses & Clips

94 P115 - all the engine oil pump hoses are stiff. The hoses and clips are no longer available from Yamaha. What ID hoses are they? They look like were some kind of clear hose that has hardened ? Can I use Yellow Tygon F-4040-A PVC Fuel And Lubricant Tubing, or is there some better hose?
    1993 Mako 161 Flats, 1994 P115TLRS

I've Googled the subject and searched this sight have not found much on it, can someone direct me to a link on this forum?

Comment

I have no idea if you can use that line or not, maybe Rodbolt will chime in.
      But have you thought about looking a a newer 115 to see if those lines can be used?
      remember there are check valves outside of the oil pump on newer motors. have you replaced the oil pump before with the newer one that requires external check valves?

2005 115TXRD Yamaha Outboard OIL PUMP Diagram and Parts

Comment

1984 thru 1989 V4 and V6 models used Keihin pumps which had internal check valves. Check valves were not used in the oil lines. 1990 and later models used Mikuni pumps in which case the check valves were installed in the oil lines themselves.

All of the hoses and the clips used on the P115 are still available from Yamaha USA. Part numbers might have been changed which may not show up on the boats.net website.

Here is something that is used for oil injection hose in aircraft. Maybe it is sized the same as the Yamaha stuff if you don't want to buy from Yamaha. Tygon is stated as not to be used in a pressure application per the Aircraft Spruce website. Maybe the manufacturer of Tygon has a different position.

NATURAL CLEAR OIL INJECTION TUBING 5/32 INCH from Aircraft Spruce

Comment

All of the hoses and clips are still available from Yamaha.

A P115 came from the factory with the updated oil pump and the external check valves.

OP's issue is that the part numbers have been updated and he is not aware of it.
          Last edited by boscoe99; 12-03-2015, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, I was going by Marine engine.com and they have everything as not available. Upon the advice here I took their latest numbers and ran it through Boatsnet and found all the hoses and clips.

Thanks everybody.

Comment

hoses and clamps

I use a after market replacement hose (think E fuel) and Oetiker clamps...but I'm picky,,I work on many SAR vessel's and peoples life's count on my skill level and trust that I don't skimp on the little things...how many folk's around here know what a "T" clamp is ??? If you have to look it up,, say's volumes !! anyone here knows the simple fact that now in ca. a new I/O and inboard has to to have cats in the exhaust and INDMAR marine has the only pat. and unit's in the world....

Comment

Baja
                your a bit behind the times.
                ALL inboard and sterndrive gasoline installations in hulls made after jan 2010 must have catalysts installed.
                Volvo and mercruiser also run cats.
                look very closely at the Yamaha F115 ex joint. my bet is that's going to be the outboard cat test engine.

the oil lines and clips are still avalible for the two strokes.

I bought the last pair of carbed 4.3 Volvos last year.
                I will be installing a new,non cat direct injected 280hp 4.3 in a crab boat next week, its sitting on the shop floor.

GM quit making the old 4.3,they also quit making the 5.0 and the 5.7.

things are going to change, get ready.

Comment

Sir Rodbolt

Not behind the times at all..was just putting the fact out there as it seem's few folks know about it..I do belive INDMAR has the patent.. in reguard to cats.And in my biz, losing the 8.2 ltr is a major loss...for few years Toyota was advertising,swearing up and down that they were coming out (Big time) with a marine V8 and V 6..that just faded away...any one here know about Marine 7 outboards...NOW theres a Beast..my self would never hang a fourstroke on my transom..but If I did ,,that would work just fine...LOL
                  Last edited by bajakeith; 12-05-2015, 10:05 PM.

Comment

the GM 8.2 has been gone at least 10 yrs. was replaced by the NLA 8.1L.
                    mercruiser appearently purchased the tooling to make the 8.2.

gotta see how the direct injected 4.3 280 hp is gonna work. I will know before Christmas.

but merc and Volvo have sold only cat motors for any hull made after jan 2010.

the rest crusader,marine power,ect ect wont be able to sell carbed motors soon and non cat motors shortly.
                    right now when I repower with a non cat Volvo or mercruiser I have to send in why a cat motor wont fit.

typically its engine box dimensions.

Comment

Yo Rodbolt

I have one of those guys that call's me every spring about how much will it cost for a repower on a DP Volvo penta 8.2..and that was taken apart by a "Tweaker" and every year I say a few more hundred than last year...LOL and I try,,try my best to get him to go diesel..Big 26/7 ft aqua sport named " Big Boy" between you and me ,,I think a good book can be in the cards for us in a few years !! LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X