Remote Oil Tank Assembly Choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Oil Tank Assembly Choice

I need to buy two new remote oil tank assemblies.
    My part # 6e5-21708-05-00 is listed as obsolete / no longer available - there is no superceded part number given? After hours of research, I can't figure out what is the best model to get - there are so many! It seems that the newest version that is compatible would be the natural choice, but I can't narrow it down. 1985 etxk 150

Thank you for any help!

2015_Yamaha_MRP

Comment

Thanks boscoe99 !!!!! Too easy - I wonder why they still make so many models when this one is cheaper, and universal with the right adapter?

Comment

Originally posted by R Socey View Post
        Thanks boscoe99 !!!!! Too easy - I wonder why they still make so many models when this one is cheaper, and universal with the right adapter?
        Not sure what you mean by so many models. There is just one oil tank and one oil tank kit that is made today, that I know of.

The older style using round connectors has been discontinued. Latest style uses square connectors.

Adapters are available to convert from a round connector on a motor to the square connector on the oil harness. Do we need to go over this all again?

Comment

They might not make those others anymore, but if you do a goggle search from an ignorant standpoint, you will see many old ones listed as available

When you know something it's easy, when you don't it's obscure - coupled with the fear of buying the wrong stuff gives pause. That is why I spent hours trying to figure out what later model tank assembly I should get.

. I guess these sites should update their info, and tell you what newer part you should buy; the one that renders yours obsolete.

Your diagrams were lucid, and I fully understand the adapter need now thanks to you!

Comment

There are actually 2 kits available, a 2.8 gallon and a 5 gallon.

Comment

my suggestion is buy the late style tank new, buy a new tank to engine harness, buy the square to round adapter .

go play.

the oil tank harness gets rather fragile with age and wires tend to break inside the insulation. one broken wire out of 4 shuts off any automatic oil transfer.

Comment

Thanks again rodbolt17 - I will take your advice which has been great; you have relieved alot of frustration!!! The 2.8 tanks will be plenty.

Comment

Working...
                X