No announcement yet.

head gasket preventive maintenance ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just looked at the pictures you posted. That seems to be excessive carbon buildup in my eyes. Sometimes pictures make things look worse then what they are.

Are you still using autolube system on this engine or mixing gas yourself? It seems like it could be over oiling. And do you do a lot of idling or *****ing?

Comment

That word is supposed to be "tr_lling" Not allowed to use that word on here...lol

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
        That word is supposed to be "tr_lling" Not allowed to use that word on here...lol
        just need to add some different things instead of letters
        tr00ling

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
          I just looked at the pictures you posted. That seems to be excessive carbon buildup in my eyes. Sometimes pictures make things look worse then what they are.

Are you still using autolube system on this engine or mixing gas yourself? It seems like it could be over oiling. And do you do a lot of idling or *****ing?
          It was surprise to me to see more carbon on top, but thermostat cools this area first, and according to Dangar, cool area gets more build up. and I like to run medium rpm, like 3000. I will trey to run more at 4000 rpm to facilitate burning of carbon. and of course use ring free. it really loosen up carbon, or making it not to stick. I use to see black residue on surface of water behind exhaust on calm day at marina

Comment

it has Yamaha oiling system, engine not mutilated - all stock and all oem

Comment

Working...
            X