Weird Starting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Starting problem

I have a 2004 Yamaha 300 on my skeeter. engine runs great but recently will not start unless trimmed all the way up. started on a trip to mlax lake in MN. Any ideas please? also, at times when running on plane if you trim down it will kill the engine

loose wiring ..bad connection . Check harness and all plugs .Anything pulling or binding ??Work trim up and down and inspect connections for looseness etc while going up and down.

Comment

If you can find another wiring harness
      you could plug it into motor and controls without running through rigging tube and under deck just to see if that makes a difference/
      other than that it is trouble shooting with a meter if you have the equipment and knowledge

or take to a qualified Yamaha tech

Comment

Please clarify, it doesn't start/RUN Or doesn't spin OVER.

As posted above, it sounds like the engine harness to main wiring harness isn't plugged in fully, corroded, potentially binding, etc. Un-plug and inspect those harnesses.

I would also recommend dielectric grease in each connector to prevent any corroding. Also physically remove/clean any grounds, (just looking DOES NOT COUNT either).

If the connectors pan out(no issues) time to dig deeper but start with the basic's
        Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 10-27-2015, 07:25 PM.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

if motor is down it just clicks or a single click and nothing almost like battery is dead. once motor is all the way up then its full power
          thanks for all the answers and ideas

Comment

Please post back what you find, shouldn't be too difficult as the problem IS persistent.
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I've noticed that the nuts on the various relay lugs(some under plastic hex caps) can loosen and need checking/cleaning/tightening....some protective grease there is very good also....

Comment

Working...
              X