Disassemble and Lubricate Control Box #703

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disassemble and Lubricate Control Box #703

How do I disassemble this particular model, the instructions are very vague. Also once it is disassembled what exactly do I lubricate. Thanks in advance!!

It's lubed at the factory, pretty well sealed and fairly trouble-free....maybe best not to screw with it unless you're having a specific problem....you know there's a friction screw on the front of unit that might be loosened a bit if your control seems tight. You may also disconnect control cables back at the motor, try the control then to determine it's ease of movement....

Comment

Here's the parts fisch and what to expect once inside;

2006 and Later Rigging Yamaha Outboard CONTROL STANDARD SIDE 703 PUSH Diagram and Parts
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Yep, lots of moving parts in there!....if you don't have a problem maybe best to leave it alone...

Comment

Yep, lots of moving parts in there!....if you don't have a problem maybe best to leave it alone...

Comment

If you do open it, take pictures as the wiring is crowded in there. I'd love to see a picture just after you open it - so I can use it as reference for mine!! I received the box and cable separately - and had to wing it!

It's not hard, but you need to keep track of pieces during reassembly.

Comment

Working...
            X