Autolube question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autolube question.

This winter im rebuilding a 1993 115 hp and a 2001 vx 250 hp,i bought them both with piston damage.

Should/can i cut off the autolube system and mix direct in the gas instead?

Please tell why or why not to do it!

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

So, you think both engines failed because of an oil fault? Leave the oil system on.....

Comment

I dont know the reason they failed!

Comment

I would not do it.

The Yamaha oiling system is extremely reliable. The parts that do the actual oiling (main tank and pump) virtually never fail. Yes, the transfer system can have a problem or two but you will get plenty of warning before something bad happens.

I bet oil is expensive over there. You will use much more oil with the system removed than if the system is in place. Why not have less expense buying oil while at the same time have less smoke emitted from the motor and less carbon building up within the motor?

Do you have any photos of the piston damage that you can share?

Comment

Okay i will just check that the pumps work then and change the oil lines...Nu but i got the pistons and can take some pics..Only one piston failed in each engine.

Comment

Holy crap!!

What'd those engines suck inside them?

The block, heads and crank are repairable??
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Haha i dont know!

Yes the 250 just need a bore and a oversize piston,no damage on the cranck or block!

The 115 had more hours so i bought a total rebuild kit with oversize pistons for the powerhead,it had a crack in the bottom off the cylinder who has been welded.

The heads got beaten but not broken!

Comment

one thing about oil injected two strokes.
                overheat is the leading cause of piston failure,followed by lean A/F mix.

oiling failures tend to show up as rods exiting the block and crank failures.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                  one thing about oil injected two strokes.
                  overheat is the leading cause of piston failure,followed by lean A/F mix.

oiling failures tend to show up as rods exiting the block and crank failures.
                  So do you think that damage was from a low oiling issue?

He did mention in another thread, a somewhat warped WP housing(probably overheated at some point)..

Both in conjunction?
                  Scott
                  1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                    So do you think that damage was from a low oiling issue?

He did mention in another thread, a somewhat warped WP housing(probably overheated at some point)..

Both in conjunction?

From what Rodbolt said, oil problem would have got a rod, crank,or bearings

being it was only one piston in a motor, lean air/fuel, mix would be my 1st thought as just overheat should have affected more than one piston.
                    But I guess you could overheat just one piston some other way maybe/

Comment

Working...
                    X