2004 or 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 or 2005

I bought a 2002 215 kencraft with a f225 Yamaha txrd, I think its a 2005 but on the motor sticker it says 05/04? I am assuming 2005? I want to upgrade to more accurate fuel management sytem, what is my best option? command link? command link plus? what will work, please help. thanks
    Last edited by scottod17; 09-08-2015, 08:15 PM.

The letter D in the model F225TXRD denotes that it is a 2005 model year motor.

A D model would not normally have Command Link capability. Certainly it won't have Command Link Plus capability.

Primary options are a Floscan or Yamaha fuel management gauge.

You say you want a more accurate fuel management system. What type is in the boat now?

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      The letter D in the model F225TXRD denotes that it is a 2005 model year motor.

A D model would not normally have Command Link capability. Certainly it won't have Command Link Plus capability.

Primary options are a Floscan or Yamaha fuel management gauge.

You say you want a more accurate fuel management system. What type is in the boat now?
      I have a gauge Yamaha stock digital gauge, don't know how accurate it is?And a garmin gps that has a fuel sensor that you have to add fuel when you add it to the boat,I was hoping to upgrade and have more accuracy,what do you rec? the motor has 05/04 on the side but it is a 2005 correct? thank you

Comment

Originally posted by scottod17 View Post
        I have a gauge Yamaha stock digital gauge, don't know how accurate it is?And a garmin gps that has a fuel sensor that you have to add fuel when you add it to the boat,I was hoping to upgrade and have more accuracy,what do you rec? the motor has 05/04 on the side but it is a 2005 correct? thank you
        If the model has the letter D in it then it is a 2005 model year motor. Made in 2004. Just like you can now buy a 2016 Ford that is made in 2015.

There is no stock Yamaha digital gauge. Within the conventional multi-function Yamaha gauges there is a tachometer, a speedometer, a fuel management meter and a combination speedometer. A number of different versions of all of these have been made over the years.

The speedometer displays the quantity of fuel that is in a tank based on what a sender in the tank is telling the gauge. There are crappy senders, good senders and better senders. More than likely you have the crappy type since most boats come with that type.

The fuel management meter measures the flow of fuel and also counts the fuel flow and displays it.

What is it that you want to do?

Comment

Working...
        X