Ox66 sputtering and dying! Help rod bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ox66 sputtering and dying! Help rod bolt

I have a 1998 200 ox66. When I put it in gear it sputters and pops out of exhaust and sometimes dies. It runs perfect on the top end I am just unable to idle and it's a pain to load up the boat. I have changed all three low pressure pumps, vst filter, plugs, cleaned O2 sensor, water separator. The plugs do not look like they are fouling. I put a fuel pressure gauge and I am getting almost 36 when I turn the key on. I then took it to the lake and tested the fuel pressure under a load and the fuel pressure never dropped below 32-35. I don't know what to do next.

Did you test the O2 sensor or just clean it, it may be bad, also did you clean the transfer tube.

Comment

I just cleaned it, and yes I did clean the tube. It wasn't very dirty. It didn't make any difference when I cleaned it. Should the fuel pressure vary at all when checking no matter full throttle or not?

Comment

It will vary about 5 psi, the O2 sensor dictates pulse width, check the heater circuit on the sensor,

Comment

Might just need a good ol fashioned link and sync,

Comment

If the O2 sensor was bad wouldn't the engine not reach above 4200 rpm because the timing would be changed to protect the engine?

Comment

no
              if the ECU sees it disconnected it fixs fuel rich at idle and lean above 4000, do not run above 4000 RPM.
              no alarms nor codes for any O2 sensor malfunctions.

Comment

Is the fuel pressure supposed to vary at all. When testing under a load I noticed it drop 1 or 2 psi. This happened about 5 years ago and it was the fuel pressure regulator. The pressure was dropping in the 20s then.

Comment

It also runs perfect on top end. The idle and just above is really bad!

Comment

what is the 02 sensor output voltage?
                    to check the output voltage the engine must be above 113*F and the gearcase submerged.

Comment

I replaced the 02 sensor with a brand new one and it made no difference! After the motor stalls it starts right back up with no problems. Had tps adjusted as well I don't know where to go next

Comment

can you post the full model number of the engine?

Comment

I will in a couple hours sorry.

Comment

It's a a 200 tlrx.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurtknee04 View Post
                              It's a a 200 tlrx.
                              Where are you from?

A 200TLRX was not offered here in the USA. Last year for a 200TLR was in 1998, a 200TLRW. And it has carburetors.

Look at the data plate and get the complete engine ID. Should begin with the number 6.

Comment

Working...
                              X