93 prov150 carburetor vrs 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 prov150 carburetor vrs 200

Please help,, I have a 93 prove 150 that the top carb has a broke main body. I found a complete set on ebay that I bought off a 200 they look identical except the venturi has a bigger ID. Can I use this set? The part# I need is a 6r2 14301.
    The part I have is a 6r4. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am having difficulty posting.
    So briefly, as your putting a larger carby on a smaller motor of the same displacement and the same max RPM it should be possible, others might disagree. (Yes greater HP means more air and fuel, on this engine the extra is supplied by port and expansion chamber differences)
    The jets would be different, and my concern would be the main jet as technically there will be less air (vacuum) to suck fuel in simple terms; and so I would think it should be larger. Some might disagree.

What say others?

Comment

Using the wrong carbs is not the best thing to do.

I do not know if they will bolt up properly much else provide the proper fuel to air ratio for proper running.
      What about the linkage fit and proper adjustment.
      not a good idea In my opinion

Comment

6r2 14301 is not a part number.

Here is a link that shows the part numbers for a model P150TLRR.

1993 P150TLRR Yamaha Outboard CARBURETOR Diagram and Parts

If you go to the Yamaha parts catalog and look at the carburetors, intake manifold and the block to which they attach the configuration looks complete different. One has a vertical intake port and the other has a horizontal intake port. I don't see the two parts as being interchangeable.

1993 P150TLRR Yamaha Outboard INTAKE Diagram and Parts

1993 P200TLRR Yamaha Outboard INTAKE Diagram and Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          6r2 14301 is not a part number.

Here is a link that shows the part numbers for a model P150TLRR.

1993 P150TLRR Yamaha Outboard CARBURETOR Diagram and Parts

If you go to the Yamaha parts catalog and look at the carburetors, intake manifold and the block to which they attach the configuration looks complete different. One has a vertical intake port and the other has a horizontal intake port. I don't see the two parts as being interchangeable.

1993 P150TLRR Yamaha Outboard INTAKE Diagram and Parts

1993 P200TLRR Yamaha Outboard INTAKE Diagram and Parts
          It doesn't matter about differences in manifold; the gaskets behind the carbies (and the outline of the carbies) look the same.

I guess the Op needs to take his broken off and see if they bolt up. If OK then he may need to sort out jetting.

Comment

You could be right.

If it were my motor, and I had a set of 200 carburetors, I would certainly offer them up and see if they fit. When your'e down to nothing you got nothing to lose.
            Last edited by boscoe99; 08-07-2015, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Thanks for all the input. Yes the carbs have the same Bolt Pattern everything is same with the exception of Venturi size, witch is larger. I do understand that putting these on would consitute slower air speed thru the venturi's resulting in a lean condition somewhere along the throttle circuit. I may give it a go and take a plug reading. Also, does anyone know how to distinguish the diffrent part #'s for the carbs? The Diagram list the part# on carbs as a 6R2 prefix or a 6R4 (depengin upon model) but that # is nowhere on carbs. Mine have a prefix of 6N Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by stuckonshore View Post
                Thanks for all the input. Yes the carbs have the same Bolt Pattern everything is same with the exception of Venturi size, witch is larger. I do understand that putting these on would consitute slower air speed thru the venturi's resulting in a lean condition somewhere along the throttle circuit. I may give it a go and take a plug reading. Also, does anyone know how to distinguish the diffrent part #'s for the carbs? The Diagram list the part# on carbs as a 6R2 prefix or a 6R4 (depengin upon model) but that # is nowhere on carbs. Mine have a prefix of 6N Thanks
                If the 200 carbs on a 200 block don't run lean then why do you think they will run lean on a 150 block, when the blocks are one and the same? The jet sizes are different which may take into account any airflow differences.

The parts catalog that I linked you too provides the part number of the carburetors. In fact, it provides the part number for every part used on your motor. I am not sure where you are getting your 6R2 and 6R4 from.

For a P150 =

CARBURETOR ASSEMBLY 1
                6N9-14301-01-00

CARBURETOR ASSEMBLY 2
                6N9-14302-01-00

CARBURETOR (LOWER)
                6N9-14303-01-00

For a P200 =

CARBURETOR ASSEMBLY 1
                61H-14301-03-00

CARBURETOR ASSEMBLY 2
                61H-14302-03-00

CARBURETOR ASSEMBLY 3
                61H-14303-03-00

Comment

After some research I think you are looking at the wrong parts catalog.

The P150 uses 6N9 prefix carburetors. The P200 uses 6H1 prefix carburetors

The 150/200 uses 6R2 (top) /6R3 (middle) /6R4 (bottom) carburetors.

Now it sounds like you have purchased 200 carburetors (not P200 carburetors) that you want to use on a P150, not a 150.

Comment

thanks for the info. My motor is a 150tlrr not the P150tlrr.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckonshore View Post
                      I have a 93 prove 150 that the top carb has a broke main body
                      So what did you mean when you wrote this?

I believe Boscoe99 took the prove as meaning something

Comment

I thought he was saying he had a Pro V model in a cryptic sort of way.

Anyway, he now should know how to use the parts catalog to determine what part number carburetors his motor has.

Communicating via words on paper is tough.

Comment

what boscoe is saying is there is a difference between a P150 that is a PRO V and a standard 150tlrr.

that's what the P stood for was pro V and typically was a bass boat motor.

the carb mounting is the same.
                          \
                          will it fit? yes.
                          will it work? I doubt it.

Comment

Not sure if those carbs will work for you. They have bigger bores and will be jetted differently.
                            Your engine probably also has the single reed blocks and a restrictive tuner.

But hey, slap them on and try them out.

Comment

Working...
                            X