No Cooling water 5hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Cooling water 5hp

Hi guys having real problems with an auxiliary 5hp getting no cooling from pee hole, blown through with compressed air all clear, changed the impeller although old one looked fine, did pump check using battery drill in bucket of water worked fine, put leg back on and ran still no cooling. Only thing I have noticed is the water pump housing is quite loose around drive shaft, there is no seal is this correct. Any help or advise greatly appreciated, thanks Ed

which of these 5HP is the motor you are talking about?
    Yamaha - Outboard - 5HP OEM Parts | Boats.net

did you replace the housing, cup, and wear plate along with the impellor?
    Last edited by 99yam40; 01-02-2022, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Hi it's a F5AMH only a few years old done about 5 hours running max had it from new. Only replaced impeller not the housing

Comment

I am guessing this in not something sold in the USA.

just replacing the impellor did not help, maybe you need to replace the other parts of the water pump also.
        was it a Yamaha impellor or an aftermarket one that you installed?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Durkin View Post
          Only thing I have noticed is the water pump housing is quite loose around drive shaft, there is no seal is this correct. Any help or advise greatly appreciated, thanks Ed
          The WP housing usually has two alignment pins to keep it in the correct position it should not be loose...
          It looks like the below pic only has one pin...

From one of those 5HP motors and there is a seal between the pump and tube, part #27 (again, for THIS engine)

Capture.JPG
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thanks guys, it was an OEM impeller I fitted the rubber seal part 27 is the connection to the water tube up to engine, 2 pins to locate the housing are fine and in position, where its a little loose is where the shaft part 36 goes through the cover housing not sure if it should be like that or not? There is no seal around shaft and cover ! Thanks again think I will have to order all the parts and see what happens, thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Durkin View Post
              Thanks guys, it was an OEM impeller I fitted the rubber seal part 27 is the connection to the water tube up to engine, 2 pins to locate the housing are fine and in position, where its a little loose is where the shaft part 36 goes through the cover housing not sure if it should be like that or not? There is no seal around shaft and cover ! Thanks again think I will have to order all the parts and see what happens, thanks again.
              There isn't supposed to be a seal there...

Might make sure that water tube is installed in the powerhead correctly.
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
              X