97 75hp help please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 75hp help please!!

Hi I came down to Florida to fish with my cousin on his boat I get here and it won't start. Boat has no power to tilt or trim also no power to solenoid so it has no power to the box at all. I was told to check the 10 prong system in the harness and see if the prong going to the box has 12 volts well this is where I need help how do I know which one is suppose to have power only one out of the 10 have power and how do I know what prong gives power to the box? Please any help would be appreciated I don't want to spend my vacation sitting in the house because we couldn't get the boat fixed thanks again

C75, E75 or P75?

Power to the control box does not go through a solenoid if that is what you are saying. Most Yams have a fuse that feeds a red wire that runs from the motor to the control box. That power is sent back down other wires to operate the starter motor, trim and tile motor, and the main power plant itself.

What is the condition of the fuse?

Comment

It is a c75 and the wire with the fuse running from the solonid the fuse is good I checked that I was told the 10 prong connection that is in the engine box one of those prongs supply's the power to the switch as well as the tilt and trim is this not the case? Thanks for the reply I'm at a dead end I'm not the best with wiring

Comment

is the battery actually charged?
        are all the cables attached and clean and tight?
        is the battery switch,if equipped actually on?

Comment

Yes checked all of that I have power to the alternator from the battery but no power from the key to the alternator I also have no power to my tilt and trim I've checked the 20 amp fuse it's good it was working great then last weekend this happened idk I'm lost lol

Comment

Working...
          X