Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Crank 2014 F300 FBW

Before I deep dive and maybe take it to the dealer
    2014 F300 STBD motor went to go out today and got no crank and orange light like no communication with the binnacle and error message to take to the dealer.
    Port motor starts right up and no issues with STBD last trip at all 2 weeks ago. Batteries on a charger / maintainer

Going to switch the port and STBD harness just to see if I can duplicate with the port motor.

Any ideas or go to area I should check or can check without software.

Update / more info :
    Originally I purchased the binnacle used, installed and brought to a dealer to configure (marry) for use with dealer software. (about 1.5 years ago)
    Do the binnacles maybe just "go bad"? Possible hook up to dealer software again and reconfigure?

I actually have software from a company I used to rep Texa. Im reinstalling it on my laptop and will hook up to see what the program offers. I know it's pretty comprehensive as far as codes and diagnostics but not sure if I can pair the binnacle to the engine yet. I will report back later today on that.

Just trying to do what I can prior to bringing to the dealer.

Comment

So between all the rain I was finally able to get my scan software and came up with a Gearbox position sensor out of range code: 154

Anyone know where to start with this? Or should I just take to the dealer.

Comment

I really have no info about that motor, but could that code come from turning the key to start when the motor is not in the neutral position?

out of range kind of sounds like it is not just a switch (on & off)

Comment

Well I did some research on the old interwebs and found someone that said spin the prop by hand in forward and reverse. So for the hell of it I went and as I was spinning it I found it felt like it was partially in gear and it seemed to line back up after a couple of rotations. When in the boat and the motor fired right off. with all the electronics on these things I never even thought to check to see if the prop was in gear. Lesson learned and $0 spent. Happy New Year...

Comment

Dog clutch. Ur not really supposed to shift in and out of gear without the motor spinning or at least the prop. FACT...

Comment

Originally posted by Keithbaja View Post
              Dog clutch. Ur not really supposed to shift in and out of gear without the motor spinning or at least the prop. FACT...
              unless you have FBW which doesn't make a difference . FACT. this all happened when the motor was running and I believe I shifted from REV to forward to quickly

Comment

Working...
              X