Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can power trim be easily added to a T9.9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can power trim be easily added to a T9.9?

I have a an 05 T9.9 high thrust, wondering if I bought the opwer tilt assembly, should it bolt right on or is there a bunch of other parts that will need to be replaced for it to work?

What model T9.9?

Comment

exact model on the sticker is T9.9ELH2D

Comment

From what I can see a 2005 T9.9 of any model did not come with power tilt or power trim and tilt. Nothing on the motor to bolt a trim or tilt unit too.

One of these would do it. https://thmarinesupplies.com/collect...or-up-to-35-hp

Comment

thanks for looking into it. for what it's worth, might be cheaper to find a use one already with power trim

Comment

are you looking for power tilt or power tilt and trim?
            it makes a difference.

but I agree selling your motor after you find one that meets your needs is a good idea
            Last edited by 99yam40; 10-24-2021, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Just want to be able to tilt the motor up and down so I don't have to reach in the back to lower the motor when I need it.

I have a fixed mount kicker bracket on my boat.

Comment

years ago A friend had a hydraulic tilt unit on a small motor that you pumped a lever to raise it and then unscrewed a nob to let it down, just like a regular hydraulic jack, but I cannot find anything like that on line right now

Comment

Working...
                X