Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha 30HP (6J8) 1999model - start/trim/tilt fault.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 30HP (6J8) 1999model - start/trim/tilt fault.

Hi there,

I have a Yamaha 30HP (6J8) with major problems with the tilt/trim/starter function.

By storing the engine over the winter in my boathouse, i had major problems with starting it in the spring time now.

The problem is that the relay asset box (part G82-SA1) is only "ticking" multiple times when i try tilt down, tick tick tick tick... I had the "ticking" also for tilting up the engine, but now thats one not either ticking.

So cannot lower the engine or raise it anymore. The same goes for the starting, as i belive the G82-SA1 relay asset box is con*****ing also the starter. So when trying to start i only have rapidly ticking in the starter solenoid also, tick tick tick so you can hear the start solenoid is working, but the "hold" function so the starter engine will.

The relay asset box G82-SA1 is brand new, still the same fault. Battery is OK. 20AMP fuse is ok.

Any that could have some ideas of what this could be??

find and fix the cables,connections or low battery voltage.
    then it will work.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
      find and fix the cables,connections or low battery voltage.
      then it will work.

Will try today to replace battery.

Comment

I did not say the battery was bad.
        I am saying the relay clicking/buzzing is due to low operating voltage.
        why its low I don't know.

Comment

You can have the battery tested at most auto part stores.
          Could be bad or just bad connection somewhere

Comment

Ok, now relays are new, battery is new. And still i have the same problem. Where could i find the wiring diagram for this engine?

Yamaha 30HP 1999model 6J8 DEOL, i've tried searching the web for it but with no luck. I think i have a wiring problem.

Comment

well you have ruled everything else out.

Try getting some battery jumper cables and put them directly from the battery onto the connections at the engine (bypassing the existing cables)
              then try making the outboard do what an outboard does
              Last edited by greasyshaft; 06-29-2015, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X