1991 TLRP Alarm issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 TLRP Alarm issue

Guys Ive had an alarm issue. going off over the last few time Ive had the boat in the water. I checked it again over the weekend and its still going off. it doesnt happen at even time frames. Some times It wont go off for ours and then sometimes it will go off 2 or 3 times in the space of 20 minutes. engine has 730 hours and still pulls 6000rpm with no problems. Wheni was last in the boat the alarm went of so i quickly came back to neutral lifted the cowl and just felt the engine to see If I could feel a significant difference. both heads felt the same. The water pump impeller is pumping good water pressure and the oil bottle under the cowl is at the marked indicator where it should be. As soon as you come back to neutral, and then go back in drive the alarm clears and the boat continues on down the water. Ilso noticed that the trim and fuel gauge is also flashin intermitantly whlst the boat is running. This flashing does no coincide with the alarm going. Has anyone got any suggestions as to what this alar m or gauge issue could be? It sounds like the alarm is coming from the control box.

When the alarm comes on the boat does not loose power or engine revs.

Originally posted by Sydney Skier View Post
    Guys Ive had an alarm issue. going off over the last few time Ive had the boat in the water. I checked it again over the weekend and its still going off. it doesnt happen at even time frames. Some times It wont go off for ours and then sometimes it will go off 2 or 3 times in the space of 20 minutes. engine has 730 hours and still pulls 6000rpm with no problems. Wheni was last in the boat the alarm went of so i quickly came back to neutral lifted the cowl and just felt the engine to see If I could feel a significant difference. both heads felt the same. The water pump impeller is pumping good water pressure and the oil bottle under the cowl is at the marked indicator where it should be. As soon as you come back to neutral, and then go back in drive the alarm clears and the boat continues on down the water. Ilso noticed that the trim and fuel gauge is also flashin intermitantly whlst the boat is running. This flashing does no coincide with the alarm going. Has anyone got any suggestions as to what this alar m or gauge issue could be? It sounds like the alarm is coming from the control box.

When the alarm comes on the boat does not loose power or engine revs.
    I would be a good idea to post your motors model # so every one knows what motor you have.

If gauges are not indicating an oil or overheat alarm coming in and it does not reduce RPMs to 2000 then I would not think it is oil or overheat.

Maybe low voltage alarm, some motors had that and that would not put it into RPM reduction from I have read.
    Clean all battery cable connections and monitor voltage

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      I would be a good idea to post your motors model # so every one knows what motor you have.

If gauges are not indicating an oil or overheat alarm coming in and it does not reduce RPMs to 2000 then I would not think it is oil or overheat.

Maybe low voltage alarm, some motors had that and that would not put it into RPM reduction from I have read.
      Clean all battery cable connections and monitor voltage
      Yep that was going to be my next point of call. the engine is a P200TLRP 1991 model. carburetted, oil injected. Ill check the battery terminals and connections and then run it again and see how it goes. Being these are stator charged and not alternator charged what voltage should I be getting?
      Last edited by Sydney Skier; 06-28-2015, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Nominal voltage output is 14.5 volts.

Sure sounds like the low voltage alarm.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          Nominal voltage output is 14.5 volts.

Sure sounds like the low voltage alarm.
          This is interesting that people are saying low voltage alarm. the engine still turns over very freely one starts. even when Its cold. it still turns really well. Ill check it with a multimeter im going to test it next weekend and see if i can get the alarm to go off. This could also xplain wiy one of trim/fuel gauge is going haywire when the boat is running.

Comment

Working...
          X