Warning Alarm on 70tlr, 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning Alarm on 70tlr, 2004

As soon as you turn the key the alarm goes on. It's always been a Florida boat so it doesn't sit outside in cold winter months. But has not been used in a year, and has sat under a canopy safe from elements.
    Is there a temp sensor or oil injector sensor that could give the warning off immediately?
    Don't even have to turn to engage starter, so I'm not thinking it would be the impellar/intake area being blocked.
    2004 Yamaha 70hp tlr is the motor.

Thanks for any help,

Bob

If low on oil the alarm will sound when the key is turned to the on position. Is the oil tank filled?

What type of tachometer? If a Yamaha multi-function type it will indicate if low oil or over temperature.

Comment

or someone simply plugged the two gray bullet conectores together under the hood.
      they will fit, it wont work.

skinners of the untrained will bite.

Comment

Had the tilt & trim motor changed last year. Could wires have been switched/plugged incorrectly & still have the tilt/trim work?
        Engine starts up fine. Didn't see any water coming from pee hole so I was thinking of changing out the thermostat & replace the impeller just to be safe.
        I always thought that it would take longer for the thermostat to register lack of water/cooling and it wouldn't happen at start up.

Comment

You have been given something to look into by 2 people, do that

and answer questions when they are asked

My bet is on the 2 wires Rodbolt mentioned

If you have not replaced the stat and water pump in a while I would change them,

but if tell tail is not showing water being pumped use a piece of weedwacker line to shove up the TT or blow with compressed air to try to clear it

Comment

Oil level is fine, right at line of tank.
            There is a light gray wire that has "bullet connectors" but when separated the alarm still sounds.

Comment

Oh, make sure that the battery is fully charged. Some Yams will sound the alarm if there is low battery voltage.

Comment

New batteries.

Comment

if the alarm sounds as soon as the key is on either something got pinched and is shorting the engines pink wire to ground or the oil level switch failed.
                  DO NOT confuse the TRIM sender pink wire with the ENGINE harness pink wire.
                  hook those two together and you get an alarm.

Comment

Working...
                  X