No announcement yet.

F225 Stalling after long idle (Rodbolt)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225 Stalling after long idle (Rodbolt)

Hi Rodbolt,
    I was reading an older post(below) about an F225 that was starving for fuel after a long run while idling or restart. I have this problem. You mention 2 check valves. I am familiar with the one by low pressure pump but could you please inform me about the other one (VST vent). My F225 is a 2002.
    Thanks,
    Bob

if all it takes is a simple reprime with the primer bulb then one of the 2 oneway relief/check valves have failed.
    one is for VST pressure and is located between the lift pump inlet and VST inlet the other is the VST vent and is located in the airbox.

its a dirt simple system.

kick a lot of tech butt.

until that VST hits about 10 PSI with vapor ,fuel cant escape unless the VST vent is bad.

its not evaporating.

Sounds great. Except the perfectly operating engines, check valves did not fix the problem. And, the problem engines check valves did not take the problem to the other engine.

Comment

Originally posted by bobterisch View Post
      You mention 2 check valves. I am familiar with the one by low pressure pump but could you please inform me about the other one (VST vent). My F225 is a 2002.
      the part:

https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha...bc45b317697015

its plugged into the hose on top of the airbox, looks like this:

Comment

What do these little mofo's actually do?

Comment

stupidly simple.
          the one on the airbox is a simple vent.
          the one on the lift pump intake is a relief.
          what the vst cannot take from the lift pump is simply recirculated to the lift pump intake.
          like I say simply observe.
          if the one on the lift pump leaks it will allow the lift pump to air lock and the VST runs out of gas at low speeds.

Comment

Working...
          X