yamaha 150 vmax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 150 vmax

My 150 vmax stalls out on takeoff most of the time,sometimes it shutsdown while operating at high speed. It acts like it runs out of fuel. I have bypassed my fuel system with an external tank but, the problem still exists

can we get a model number.
    V150??
    VZ150??VX150??

Comment

rodbolt17

YAMAHA vx150tlrz 6J9 L002732

Comment

antique OX66 150.

have you cleaned the VST filter??
        have you tested the lift pumps??

Comment

Bodeanlin

No i have left it at a local marine shop.waht and where are the vst filter and the lift pumps. Thanks for you help. Iam not a boat motor tech but i will pass this info to the tech @ the boat shop that is checking my engine

Comment

NEED HELP WITH 150 HP YAMAHA OX 66 VX150 TLRZ. MOTOR STALLS OUT ON TAKEOFF AND SOMETIMES AT FULL THROTTLE

Comment

Did you drop it off at a Yamaha shop with trained techs?
              what have they told you so far?

Turn off the caps no one likes people to be yelling at them

Comment

They haven't had time to check it out yet. I bypassed the fuel tanks and fuel lines past the primer bulb, but the problem still exists.

Comment

if you have to use the internet to get trouble shooting and technical info for your tech.
                  find another tech.

look on the wall for Yamaha training certificates.
                  if they are not there, you should not be either.

Comment

The tech knew about the vst filter and the lift pumps. I was only trying to help get my boat back on the water sooner and maybe save some time looking for the problem. Sorry i peeded in your cornflakes.

Comment

Don't take offense - and you gotta give Rodbolt a bit of slack, he's Navy but still he does a lot of good. It is kinda frustrating to try to help someone only to find out that the motor has already been taken in for repair. Like, why bother? In my experience you will generally not get a good audience from a tech of any sort who has a customer giving him hints gathered from the internet no matter how much the customer trusts the info. Good techs have methods to troubleshoot problems because it is not productive of his time or your money to jump in somewhere in the middle. And, as mentioned, if your guy DOES listen, you probably don't want to be there. Stay tuned here, read a lot and when you get your boat back ask questions about the troubles found and fixes applied - Then come back here to research and learn.

Ray

Comment

I don't eat cornflakes.
                        but did you happen to look on the wall???

Comment

Fuel contamination..How old is the fuel? (water)

Comment

tanks were drained by me. no visable water or contamination. I used an external tank with new fuel lines and primer bulb and new fuel.

Comment

Working...
                            X