Yamaha F115tlra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha F115tlra

Ok guys. I've just about given up. This is a 2002 Yamaha F115 4stroke with only 215hrs. It will not get up on plane. Only develops about 2300rpms. I've done a leak down test and all is well. Checked compression, cleaned vst tank and injectors, replaced plugs, tps sensor, crankshaft position sensor, thermostat, one ignition coil, battery charging coil, rectifier, changed all filters, fuel lines. Ran on an auxillary tank, emptied main tank. No faults on YDS computer. What could possibly prevent this beast from developing enough steam to plane out? Its on a 19ft Key West. Help. Please!

If all is well, but I would check codes again, then look exterior for extra load.i.e. Wrong/broken prop, something jamming prop shaft, boat hull damage or something hanging on to it etc.

Comment

you say, "cleaned injectors" - who did what, exactly ?

this problem started after the boat wasn't used for six months?

before then, it was ok?

(I feel for you - you must be tearing your hair)

Comment

Actually, I've replaced all injectors and cleaned the new ones. No codes on YDS. Fuel pressure 40psi. Can't get it to spin up under load. Just bogs along. No sputtering. No power.

Comment

Static fuel pressure is no good, need to check it at problem rev range

Comment

I have checked it with a guage attached to engine on the water. Maintains 40psi.

Comment

If possible take YDS out and monitor oil pressure switch and engine temperature.
              Test the alarm, should sound when the kill switch is closed and the engine is cranking.

Comment

Thanks Greasyshaft. I checked it for continuity. Checked out good. Engine temp was good also. Could the ISC motor have any effect on it? It runs 30% when the engine is warm and idling.Should it be more? Stop circuit sounds horn if you try to start with lanyard pulled.

Comment

ISC motor/ECU

2002 Yamaha F115 4stroke. Question. Could the ISC affect the motors ability to get the boat up on plane? Also, does anyone know if Yamaha has the ability to check an ECU? I've tried about everything I know. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletman View Post
                    2002 Yamaha F115 4stroke. Question. Could the ISC affect the motors ability to get the boat up on plane? Also, does anyone know if Yamaha has the ability to check an ECU? I've tried about everything I know. Thanks.
                    The ISC should only affect the idle, here's a thread, post #2 specifically, re the ISC;

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...e-th25046.html

IDK about your other question...
                    Scott
                    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                    X