Lighting coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighting coils

Ran into a problem while assembling things today, the green wires coming from my rectifier that connect to the lighting coils are not marked with the same colors as the wires coming from the lighting coils. I did take pictures but failed to mark those 2 wires. Picture are of no help, so since the wires from the rectifier are both green with no markings, I'm thinking it just has to have continuity and doesn't matter which coil it is plugged to? Have the manual, it is no help either, my motor is a 50 EJRQ, anyone know?

Motor is a 1992

Comment

If no one with knowledge of this engine replies, usually the lighting coil has no connection to ground and therefore it does not matter which way around.
      Confirm with ohm meter, should be some and same resistance swapping meter probes around on coil leads, and no resistance (infinite) to ground/earth.
      This assumes you had not undone the output wires from the regulator (you said two from coil and two from rectifier)

Comment

I replaced the lighting coils with a genuine Yamaha from here, damaged the old one pulling the flywheel not realizing the wires from the rectifier where both green, with no markings, I will try checking what you said and see what I come up with. the manual really isn't clear on wire colors either

Comment

like its been said, from the coil to the rectifier, it simply doesn't matter.

Comment

Thank you all!

Comment

What manual are you using? The genuine Yam manual shows green wires from the lighting coil and green wires from the rectifier. Rectifier also has a red wire and a black wire. Green to green of course.

Comment

Using the Genuine Yamaha Service manual. Sure it shows green to green, and green to green, or the other way around, with a black and red. Have the black and red covered.... It was the green to green that was troubling. Already messed the original up taking flywheel off, didn't want to make the wrong connections and trash another, thanks for your imput though!

Comment

Working...
                X