225TLRS tilt/trim elect operation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 225TLRS tilt/trim elect operation

The switch on my motor cowling operates when pressed up but not down. I figured bad switch but the switch on the throttle lever operates down but not up. So where do I go now??
    Thanks guys

This seems to be electrical not a leakage. Please reread my post. It is not a 4 stroke.
    I thought that I explained in enough detail.
    Last edited by mygrady1; 05-18-2015, 03:41 PM.

Comment

I have a 150 4 stroke went out to it after about 3 mos, the trim on the motor just clicks. That is the relay do you think it may be the fluid Need to go fishing soon

Comment

Originally posted by ppokie2frank View Post
        I have a 150 4 stroke went out to it after about 3 mos, the trim on the motor just clicks. That is the relay do you think it may be the fluid Need to go fishing soon
        Start your own new post. Don't ride on another man's post. It is considered in poor form.

Comment

my goodness. The DURN soleinods are operating: both of them. My problem is as stated in my OP.
          WHY WOULD THE SWITCH ON THE THROTTLE CONTROL T/T OPERATE DOWN BUT NOT UP AND THE ENGINE SWITCH T/T UP BUT NOT DOWN

Comment

Use some common sense,
            switches and/or wiring is bad
            relays work, motor works , and pump works

Comment

Not saying it is the situation but both switches could be bad at the same time. Up circuit in one is kaput and down circuit in the other is kaput. Or, wiring from both could be defective.

Do you own a multi-meter and know how to use it?

Battery power is sent to both switches. Each switch provides that power to either a blue wire or a green wire. That power then flows to the relay assembly. Blue for up trim and green for down trim. Both relays can be working just fine but if they don't get the power they need from each switch, when they need it, it may work in only one direction. Or, not at all.

Comment

So you think low fluid would keep 2 different switches for moving the T&T in totally different directions one up and one down?

this rain and wind needs to stop so I can go fishing,
                this forum is driving me crazy

Comment

Just for S&G's, try disconnecting the ENGINE SWITCH harness/plug at the ENGINE.

Then try the up/down switch at the helm and see if that makes any difference..

A very odd issue and definitly not fluid related.

I don't think one bad switch would affect the other however switches do fail.
                  Scott
                  1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

disconnect both switches and test for continuity. sky blue is up light green is down. Both are simple spdt switches.
                    You could very well have two faulty switches

Comment

Thanks guys.
                      I guess that I was trying to ask if anyone had experienced this B4. I find it strange that both switches are bad but I will test the continuity on both. At least I know both relays are working. Fluid level is good.
                      Thanks

Comment

It does not really matter if anyone has ever seen this particular problem before or not. It might be a common problem and it might be an all but non-existent problem. But that is all completely irrelevant. What matters is troubleshooting to find out what your particular problem is so that it can be set right.

Start with checking to see if the switches are working correctly. Simply enough and easy to do. Just check from the red wire to the blue wire with the switch pressed to the UP position and then check from the red wire to the green wire with the switch pressed to the DOWN position, for each particular switch.

Diodes are used in the circuit but I don't think they are part of the problem. Did both switches fail at the exact same time, just in opposite directions?

Comment

Tilt and Trim

Have the same issue works on the motor no problem. The up position on throttle has no reaction. The fluid levels were fine and bleed properly . There are contacts in the switch that can get corroded. The switch can be opened and sprayed with solvents for electrical use. However there is a small pin that allows it to rock up down properly. It can fall out be careful or you will replace the switch. Make sure battery turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatsguy View Post
                            Have the same issue works on the motor no problem. The up position on throttle has no reaction. The fluid levels were fine and bleed properly . There are contacts in the switch that can get corroded. The switch can be opened and sprayed with solvents for electrical use. However there is a small pin that allows it to rock up down properly. It can fall out be careful or you will replace the switch. Make sure battery turned off.
                            How can you be having the same problem as the OP when your motor mounted switch is not a problem? The OP is having a problem with both of his switches.

Comment

OK. Here's what I found. It seems that my gas line was pushing down on the wires of the t/t switch and had chaffed the wires. After lifting the fuel line and separating the t/t wires, both helm and motor controls operate fine. Go figure.
                              A 70 year old got lucky, but only in this.

Comment

Working...
                              X