Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power problems

Hi peolpe!
    just purcahesd a 130 beto v4 2 stroke in fantastic condtion and 120 hrs run time on clock.
    Problem a tad hard to start ? choke then fires then need some throttle to get goin.
    Ounce goin bang ! instant
    Runs well ! sitts at rest around 7 to 8 rpm in the water and sits bang on 8 on the hose.
    Then the probs start ,somtimes starts bang and runs like a plugg missing
    re start fine.
    Idle to power up burrrrrr restrcts almost to stall ,back off back to idle.
    came back at 4900 rm perfect,droppoed back to idlespeed coming up againts tide motor working under load wont go past 1200 any more spluutters and threatins to die ?back off idle fine
    put in neutarl revs its head off,back in gera burrrr wants to die.
    drive on trailer power on burrrrr dies,turn key off and re- start stutter vroom ! full blast.
    New fuel tank leads and coneections,all new pluggs,carbys off and cleand ,new external fuel filter .
    Compression all top end.
    Thinkin somthin electric ? when it cuts out it starts straight away? most times .
    somtimes it miss fires ant wont turn over,sometimes it fires sneezezes and conks ..
    Local mechanic sorta bewildered ?
    Any electrical tests we can run ?
    test drove this engine before i broguht it exccellent never an issue with previious owner ,layed engine down brought home and re installed nothin but troble day 1.

chasing your tail !!

beg,borrow,,steal a good clean remote tank...install a new fuel line from tank to motor ..only buy OEM or serria...nothing else !! then retest boat..make sure the arrow on the primer bulb is facing upwards as much as possible...if any more running issue,, does the prime bulb take a lot of squeezes ??? BTW,, if your boat sat around with a bad motor on it for a while.. the anti sipon valve can get sticky..among other fuel system issue's.................. PS..just reread your post...what do you mean by "sometimes it wont turn over" ??? as in not cranking ??
    Last edited by bajakeith; 05-18-2015, 05:36 AM.

Comment

yep doesnt crank,sorta trys to crank just gos phst ! and nothin.
      re try crannk a few times phst nothin
      try a gain vroom 1.
      ??

Comment

What phst ??

I speak a few langs and don't know that one ?? LOL But,,to start with if your having any,,,,, at all cranking issue.. would be the first place to start..batt cables are marine ?? clean tight ?? good newer batt..clean tight (lubed) batt cables to and in/out of batt switch....No funky anything installed between batt and motor...and nothing "taped" into the ignition switch like a stereo,,radio...ETC,,ETC

Comment

hi mate sorry,hit key no turn over just a back fire / sneeze ? ie psht.
          re try spins a few times same as
          maybe 3 or 4trys
          then vroom.
          the problem is worse after planning for 10 mins at 4500 to 5000 then bring back to idle push throtell up again buuurrr wants to die bring back to idle runs fine ,,,, push up dies again ,,, back to idle runs fine.
          have replaced tank,line,bulb,pluggs and all new fuel,

Comment

when i say no turn over i meant like spins to crank engine but doesnt gett a chance to turn orver continuly like fires sneze and stop in one go.
            all conections,battery etc top notch nothin else connected to ignition system.

Comment

"Cranks over"(spins)

"No crank"-doesn't turn / spin at all.

That'll help others a little bit.

What year and model # for the engine?

Did you actually pull the carb jets (main and idle) and look thru them? Spraying carb cleaner alone W/O pulling them DOES not count.. You must be able to see thru the jets.

Second, as posted above, re checking electrical connection's.

Did you physically disconnect the battery cables from the battery, pull the ground strap off of the battery/engine block, etc. Again, simply looking at them doesn't mean squat. Corrosion will reside under a battery cable to the block. Many a battery cable has had internal corrosion...

The ECU, did you check the main connector for any loose wires, pull the connector from the ECU and check for corrosion? It doesn't take much to cause major issues.
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

hi scott
                its a 2003 saltwater series 130 beto
                sticker on block says 6 L x 1000573Q
                if that helps.
                Mechanic syas he pulled cerbs complty down a nd foun some frain of sand type grit but.
                re assslmebed ran hose hose for 1hr no issue.
                All the battery leads and cables in the boat clean and in good nick.
                Havnt checked the eart to the engine though ! will do.
                When i say no crank i meant it spun and tried to start,miss fire sneezes then the starter throws out ? or wont let it crank ?
                re try now she spins over fine and wil start .Sorry not sure of thye terminolgy.
                Cant understsnd how it can go from planning at 5000 rm to running like its lost a plugg to back to idle,wont go past 1200 ,turn engin off back on and spluuter cleaers and goes again.
                spoke to previous owner never ever had one issue,would lying it down for transport have done somthing ?
                Is there any electrical equip we can hook up and test running

Comment

Laying the engine down shouldn't hurt anything.

YOU can accesss the carb's.
                  On the bottom of the float bowls are a bolt. If you remove that bolt, the fuel in the carb will drain(maybe 1/3 cup of fuel). Pull each bolt, one at a time AND CATCH what comes out in a clean small container. (I use a clean tuna fish can). A pump of the primer bulb will pump fuel thru there. Your looking for any debris, sand, water, rubber parts, etc. Crap has been known to float around the inside of the carb and occasionally clog up the main and idle jets.

Do you use ethonol fuel in the engine?

Ethonol can and will break down rubber hoses...

IE, I had "Mercury", MARINE grade fuel line fail(3/8"). Between the transom mounted fuel filter and engine fuel line, the insides turned to mush. Fortunatly, I noticed a little bit of it in the Yamaha under cowl filter and chased it back. You could literally pull the insides out.

I suspect there's issues still in the fuel system of your engine..

Part #15 are each of the drain plugs;

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...TOR/parts.html
                  Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 05-19-2015, 07:24 AM.
                  Scott
                  1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thanx willtry the carby thing.
                    The fuel line from the transom to the motor is all brand new,including the bulb.
                    The only thing different ,was we installed aglass bowl external fuel flter.
                    Wen it startred to die,we checked the bub and it was fine,it hadnt sucked dry and pumping it did nothing,its coughed and splutters.
                    ???
                    Will trying
                    Thanks heaps appreciate you time.

Comment

power/electrics

hey guys i have a 50hp 2 stroke yamaha ive just recenetly had my first problem with it it starts up fine idles goes into forward (tiller steer) but when its in frwd i turn the throttle and i wont go any where it will push me along then instantly cut out the more i revved it nothing was happening wont get on the planne at all any help would be great!!!

Comment

Best start your own thread rather than just tag on someone else's, you will get better help that way. Julian, PLEASE try to stay consistent with terminology, it is confusing when you say "crank" and "turning over" "phst" " won't turn over" and stuff like that, you need to be 100% certain the carbs are clean, not "look clean" or sprayed with some "stuff". What do the plugs look like when removed?

Comment

sorry fellas didnt know how to start a thread haha

Comment

This is a new guy on a old thread. Joshua please give complete model number and year.

2 stroke guys will help shortly.

Comment

Working...
                            X