Yds software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yds software

Picked up the yds cable and disc off eBay. Went down to boat to try and figure out what the heck is wrong with one of my engines. Downloaded all the necessary steps but when I hooked up the cable to engine all I kept getting was an error message saying unable to connect pc to ecm. What am I doing wrong or did I get scammed on what I bought?

YDS hookup

if your using a laptop,, you need to go into the device manager and turn on the correct usb port..keep digging and you will find it..wish ya luck !! and BTW most issues don't show up on any software..fact of life...

Comment

Yep it just lets you know what aint the problem if you know enough about it

Comment

It would help if I could get it to work first.

Comment

No it didn't come with a book just a pice of paper with installation instructions.

Comment

What version software are you using, if it's newer than 2.0 you will need to update the firmware adapter, and ya gotta be a dealer to do that,

Comment

Yeah version 2.2 even tells you how to fix the engine

Comment

No its version 1.3

Comment

1.3 is the right version for 2001 hpdis right?

Comment

1.3 will work with that motor.
                    wont work with 64 bit processors and some newer windows versions.

Comment

I also got one that I bought from ebay... it's an OBDII with FT232R USB UART and came with v1.33...

I've just downgraded back to windows XP to try putting this to work but I also keep getting the "unable to connect pc to ecm" message even after switching to COM1 port...

In the YDS v1.33 manual it says to turn off the pc, connect all the cables and then turn the pc back on, put the ignition key on the ON position and start the YDS program

Did you turn on your ignition key?

I've done all that and it still won't overcome that error message....
                      (also, all the 6 fuses on my LF225 are good so the problem isn't that)

Anyone with any ideas?

Comment

You might have two com1 ports in your computer. The original com1 and new com1 created by Yds installation. Yds installation creates new usb-serial com1 port. You can change the original com1 port to unused com port: follow instruction in the link. Change communication port com1 settings, not USB serial settings. Restart computer after the change.

HowTo change the USB port number in Windows XP.

An other reason might be that the usb serial port driver is not installed properly
                        Last edited by jounim15; 05-24-2015, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Eliminated computer yet? What is it (how old) operating system version and 64 bit or 32 bit??? Both could be responsible for things not working even given the detailed answers , these don't match software you be continuing finding things may not work. Try another computer ??

Comment

Working...
                          X