F150 Harmonic Balancers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150 Harmonic Balancers

New here ,did a search on Harmonic Balances with NO results, Is anyone having problems and if so at how many hours

that's because the F150 does not have a harmonic balancer.
    it does have a balancer assy.
    they did tend to fail.
    mine has had two with less than 300 hours.

Comment

Its under warranty even if past the warranty time. Yamaha will replace the assembly free of charge.

It doesn't take long, maybe 45 minutes for the replacement.

I don't know if they ever came up with the best design but it was updated several times. Mine was replaced with less than 100 hours on the engine.. I couldn't hear it but I was told it makes a different noise when failing..

The assembly is two shafts (very heavy duty, like small crankshafts) that reside right behind the fuel filter. Look at the front of your engine and you'll see the block. The two larger "bumps" are where the balancers reside. They replace that entire assembly.

Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
        Its under warranty even if past the warranty time. Yamaha will replace the assembly free of charge.
        Only up to some point in time following the expiry of the warranty, or the YES contract if there is one. Many have reported that Yamaha offered them no further financial support once a motor was out of warranty/YES by several years or so.

Many in Louisiana and other parts of the country are removing their balancer altogether. If it is not there is can't fail.

Comment

Working...
        X