Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMax 150 Will Not Start

https://youtu.be/uc6Nj-Xqtp0

Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? Its a Yamaha VMax 150. Flyweel turns by hand not frozen.

Its just that rapid clicking noise is all I hear. Will try to see if its popping up or not or stuck.

Comment

actually that chattering noise is the start solenoid.
      typically due to a bad connection or low battery voltage.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaStars
        Could be a bad connection, or it might just have gone bad. The part is bolted on the way it is, in order to make it easy to unbolt and replace. Are you sure that the battery has the juice to operate the solenoid? Does your horn sound right if you blow it? If not it's your battery and not starter.
        ***, that is such a vague statement, the horn in no way pulls the amps the starter pulls, as Rod said, check your battery and engine connections and condition, check for voltage drop, it really is that simple.

Comment

If you have jumper leads just bypass the battery cables, try with another battery if yours are dead.

The relay only clicks because the starter draws so much current, enough to deactivate the solenoid, of course when the solenoid is deactivated voltage increases and solenoid re-activates in turn making that clicking noise and continuing its infinite recursive loop until it sends us back to the stone age.
          Last edited by greasyshaft; 05-16-2015, 06:45 PM.

Comment

It was the battery. Took one I thought was fully charged from onboard charger out and put brand new battery in and started right up. Thanks all for the replies.

Comment

Working...
            X