yamaha 300 hpdi no spark or fuel pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 300 hpdi no spark or fuel pressure

I have a yamaha 300 hpdi with no spark or fuel pressure showing on laptop when hooked up to engine. The YDS isn't showing anything out of whack that I can see. The only thing that I see out is no fuel pressure. I checked the leads at the top of the fuel pump at the vst, and getting power there. Also checked all the fuses. All were good. Checked the lanyard while hooked up to laptop, and it is functioning correctly. Is the something that would cause the plugs and fuel pump to not fire? Some type of emergency override of some sort? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

to start with, you wont see fuel pressure from the VST on the laptop.
    wont happen never ever.

you CANNOT test spark by simply looking at the laptop.
    you must have a spark tester.

FIRST thing you have to have is an understanding of what YDS can and cannot do.

what seems to be the running issue with this 300?

Comment

The spark test was done with a spark tester, and I am not getting a spark off any of the 6 boots.

Issue is I am not able to get the engine to start. I have checked all the fuses, Checked voltage when cranking, made sure I am getting power to the ecu, checked for power at the vst pump, checked the lanyard, and now at a loss on what to look for next.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can offer.

Comment

then most likely your kill circuit is on, you lost 12V to the coils or possibly the stator lost its ground or the ECU went south.

if you pull the stop lanyard and crank the engine do you get an alarm?

Comment

Yes. The alarm sounds when cranking with lanyard pulled.

Comment

well that means you can rule out the kill circuit being the culprit

Comment

It also shows on the laptop when the lanyard is pulled and put back going on and off. I am at a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                then most likely your kill circuit is on, you lost 12V to the coils or possibly the stator lost its ground or the ECU went south.

if you pull the stop lanyard and crank the engine do you get an alarm?
                he gave you things to check on

Comment

I will definitely check those out this weekend. Thanks for the help. I will post my findings. I am hoping it is something simple.

Comment

Working...
                  X