02 f25tlra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 f25tlra

I'm having issues with my f25tlra. It was working last year but it isn't this year. I believe it is an electrical issue but not sure. It turns over but doesn't start. I have replaced the plugs, remote, battery, coil, and ecm. I have pulled the flywheel and cleaned the stator all grounds and all connections being careful to do them one at a time. And to no avail. I still dont have spark. I'm down to the last 3 things on the electrical list the stator the pulsar and the rectifier. All appear fine. I could use some advise before I blow another 600 on this thing. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Kegain7824; 03-30-2021, 06:51 PM. Reason: Misspelled some words

compression, spark, and timing are always good to check to begin with.

if there is no spark to any of the plugs, then it is time to test the ignition system.
    I am not sure if that little 4 stroke has a CDI or a ECU, but testing the inputs and outputs should lead you in the right direction.

Service manual for your motor will have what and how to test

Comment

The rectifier only comes in to play once the engine is running,
      so that the the battery is no longer needed, and can be re-charged;

it doesn't affect whether or not you have spark.

The output from the Green & white wires from the stator assembly
      is what charges the CDI to power the spark,
      and of course the pulsar triggers it.

If you have a multimeter that captures peak voltage
      you can measure that charge coil output,
      the pulsar coil output,
      and the CDI output
      while cranking.

Comment

if peak voltages into the CDI are in spec but not what heads out to the ignition coils,
        make sure the kill switch or wiring is not grounding the output killing the spark

Comment

Thank you for your insights I have already replaced the coil with a new coil and the e cm or CDI and still not getting fire I was told to check inside my remote to see if the kill switch has broken inside of it I haven't done that yet that's probably what it is. Thanks for the help.

Comment

testing is cheaper than throwing parts at a problem hoping something fixes the problem.
            You could have bought the testing equipment for less than you have already spent,
            tested to find where the problem is located and fixed it

and still have that equipment for use later on
            charging coil and pulser coil still need to be tested

Comment

Body man by trade got plenty of tools just not for marine engines.

Comment

as I said before if you have good peak voltage reading going into the CDI, that would eliminate the charging coil and pulser coil as problems.
                it would also tell if the out put of the CDI is not in spec
                a regular volt meter and DVA adapter would do that,
                or a special Meter for these ignition systems

Comment

Working...
                X