Yamaha 50tlr 2 stroke fouling plugs immediately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brian3006 View Post
    Glad you found a temp fix, you should still look into the primestart unit though. sounds like something might be in need of repair. If you go to start your boat on a cold day, you might very well wish you had it working.
    I had some issues with mine this winter, but it was the opposite of yours, mine wasn't supplying enough fuel when cold. I took the solenoid off and adjusted the plunger a little and it works much better now. I use this motor to duck hunt with, so I need it to start up on 20-degree mornings.

Check out youtube. several good videos on there explaining the whole primestart system as well as how to bench test and adjust the solenoid/plunger if needed. Dangar marine is one that comes to mind.
    Oh I'm definitely going to fix it before putting in the water. I meant problem solved as in I found the route of the issue. It was driving me nuts, and nothing on Google was leading me to believe the prime start was a suspect. Thanks again

Comment

I do not understand how the prime start could affect only #2 since the normal operation of it should send extra fuel to all cylinders.
      maybe I do not have as good of an idea of how it is suppose to work after all
      Last edited by 99yam40; 03-11-2021, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X