Water Pressure Gauge Tube Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pressure Gauge Tube Question

Does anyone know what the purpose is of the small brass insert is in the Yamaha water pressure gauge tubing? I ordered a Yamaha tubing kit and have a Yamaha water pressure gauge but the ferrule in the gauge is too small. It won’t go over that outside diameter of the tube with that brass insert in it.

Can I cut it off and shorten the extra long hose?

Or do I have to keep the insert on the end and somehow try to find a way to get the ferule over it?

I imagine its "dual purpose" -
    prevents the end of the hose from collapsing (and then leaking)
    and also acts as a "snubber" to damp out pressure fluctuations.

I don't think the ferrule has to go completely over it -
    just very close to it

Comment

I would think cutting the line to length needed, slide furl on tube ,and then fit snubber into the end of hose

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
        I would think cutting the line to length needed, slide furl on tube ,and then fit snubber into the end of hose
        I think I’m going to give this a try. My concern was I seem to remember it being a very tight fit from one I installed years ago. I think I can probably reem it out a little or something to make it fit. Hope I don’t mess it up....

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
          I imagine its "dual purpose" -
          prevents the end of the hose from collapsing (and then leaking)
          and also acts as a "snubber" to damp out pressure fluctuations.

I don't think the ferrule has to go completely over it -
          just very close to it

Thank you. I’ve done a lot more searching and everything I see indicates it keeps the tube from getting crushed. Although I’ve used this size hose before without one and never really had an issue.

Comment

Soften the tube with hot water if needed to insert the snubber.

Tube can be slit with a razor blade if needed to remove the snubber.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
              Soften the tube with hot water if needed to insert the snubber.

Tube can be slit with a razor blade if needed to remove the snubber.

Update—- in case anyone ever searches this topic again. The insert came right out and slide back in the cut to length tube very easily. Problem solved, I was over complicating it and too concerned I would ruin the plastic tube. It’s an easy fix.

now just to figure out why no pressure...I can see air and water bubbles in the lines...
              Last edited by Derrick929; 02-28-2021, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X