Propeller identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propeller identification

I’m trying to get the diameter and pitch of my prop so I can replace it. The numbers are barley readable. Hoping for some help. See attached pictures. It’s 3 blades. 2002 Yamaha 70TLRA .

need to zoom in on pics.

You're going to have a better shot at making out the numbers than we are - we're only looking at a small picture while you have it right there in front of you. Clean the prop up and try again. Nubers on the spokes of a hub are probably from prior re-conditioning and marks made by the prop shop.

From the parts of it that I can see, it looks pretty good. Why replace?
    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

So on the pic looking from the end of it, is that not 19K stamped on it?? the K series props I have seen are painted Stainless and that's what this looks like. 19 would be your pitch and the K series prop...

What kinda boat is it on? I would think that 19 might be on the upper end for a 70...unless a small light boat.....But I could be wrong....

as for the Diam.. take the prop off and look at the bottom of it. that is usually where it is stamped.
      Last edited by brian3006; 02-28-2021, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Funny, it looks more like aluminum to me. But it should be easy enough to tell in person. I agree - take the prop off - you might find more info on the back side.

Brian, you see "19K"? Ha! I see 0W2017

You could just simply meaure the prop for diameter, too.
        2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
        1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

[QUOTE=DennisG01;n229344
          Brian, you see "19K"? Ha! I see 0W2017

.[/QUOTE]

on the other picture looking at the prop hub. on the leg at about 8'oclock... that looks like a 19k... As for the other one.....yea I'm not sure about that... I have had good luck reading number like that by wetting them. or possibly overlay paper over it and try tracing it. But I think what you will mainly want is gonna be under the prop around the center.

Comment

Measure the distance from the center of the propeller bore to the tip of a blade. Then double that for the diameter.

Looks aluminium to me. Looks to be a 6E5 marking on the propeller.

Once the diameter is known the pitch will be as per the following chart.

Comment

Working...
            X