2006 150 hp yamaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 150 hp yamaha

Motor has not been started in 2 years. I have drained 90 gallon fuel tank, changed spin on Yamaha 10 micron filter, gas filters on motor,engine oil and filter, spark plugs, impeller, lower unit lube, greased prop. Before starting it I am planning on spraying the cylinders lightly with WD40. What else should I do?

starting

While you have the plugs out and after spraying the cylinders with WD you might crank it with the lanyard switch pulled to circulate the internals with oil before it is actually started since it has set for so long. That's what I do before starting anything that has set for a while or after a rebuild of any engine.
    Make sure you have good water pressure to the pump and a good charge on the battery. Im sure others will chime in...this is just my 2 cents.
    Good Luck

Comment

myself???.
      if its a two stroke.
      I would also clean the oil tankS.
      replace with fresh oil and clean the carbs and replace the lift pumps and start it on a premix tank and follow the oil pump bleeding procedure.WD is mostly a waste of spray.

but that's just me.

if its a 4 stroke I would clean the VST and injectors,replace the fuel pump diaphrams.
      fire that hummer up.
      no need for WD anything.

Comment

As noted above, for the 4 stroke VST, there's a drain screw on the starboard side of the engine. Open it and drain it. While its open, prime and push some fresh fuel into the VST.

This is should you NOT take apart the VST.....
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
        X