Which Thermostat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Thermostat?

Which thermostat do I order for a 2001 F115?
    PN 60V 12411 00 00 cites 2000-2005. Then another site indicate it’s for 2005 to present.

What's the difference other than the prefix numbers between the above thermo to the following?

65E-12411-30-00
    67F-12411-00-00

A 2001 F115 was delivered with a 68V-12411-00-00 thermostat. Item 31 in this illustration.

2001 F115TXRZ Yamaha Outboard CYLINDER CRANKCASE 2 Diagram and Parts

The 68V prefix thermostat was replaced by a 60V prefix thermostat. 60V-12411-00-00. You can order by either part number (68V-12411-00-00 or 60V-12411-00-00) but you will only receive the part with the 60V prefix.

The differences between thermostats with different prefixes is not generally known outside of Yamaha. The initial opening temperature, the fully open temperature, the diameter and/or other physical changes, could all be different. Just use what is specified for your model motor and you will be OK.

For point of reference, all Yamaha thermostats have the same basic part number of XX-12411-XX-XX. So, if you see a part number with 12411 in the middle, such as say 63P-12411-00-00, you will know that it is a thermostat. And if you remembered that 63P is the prefix for an F150 you would then know that it is a thermostat for an F150. The vast majority of Yamaha outboard motor part numbers follow this methodology.

Comment

You threw me with the 63P and F150.
      Thought you were talking about a F115 in this post

Comment

Boscoe, great explanation! Thanks so much. I'll call the dealer and hopefully he'll have one on the shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          You threw me with the 63P and F150.
          Thought you were talking about a F115 in this post
          I was trying to point out that

all piston part numbers are 11635
          all lower unit part numbers are 45300
          all cylinder head part numbers are 11111
          all starter motor part numbers 81800

and so on and so forth, no matter what the model of the motor. The prefix for the part number is changed to indicate what type of model motor that the part gets used on.

After a bit of time a parts man or a mekanic like Rodnut comes to know the basic numbers. If he then knows what model motor he is working on he has a very good chance of knowing what the complete part number is. However, as with most things, there are exceptions in life. Yamaha keeps us on our toes.

Comment

I know I was just jacking with you on that post.
            Have a great day

Comment

I'm in luck..Yamaha dealer has one on the shelf. After changing it, I'll be able to get the boat out on it's shakedown cruise with the upgraded F115 .

Comment

the first 3 digits simply tell me what model Yamaha that part was first used on.
                occasionally its a sewercycle,water maggot or genset.

the next 5 digits identify the part.
                the next two are enginerring mods.

the last two are also mods such as paint code, 4D, 8D.

its just how Yamaha parts system works.

kinda like merc,any 27- number was a gasket.
                any 91- number was a tool.
                47- numbers were pump related.

Comment

Working...
                X