1996 s200txru engine alarm & gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 s200txru engine alarm & gauges

Hi all , I have a '96 200hp motor with the all in one digital gauge for engine alarms. I have owned the boat for 9 years. I have a dumb question. I have never heard the alarm sound. Is the alarm buzzer supposed to sound upon turning on the ignition and stay on until the engine starts ? I thought the alarm will not sound unless there is a problem ? Glenn
    Last edited by glennboat; 03-28-2015, 08:37 PM. Reason: added my name

single engines don't self test.
    to test the circuits and the alarm simply pull the stop lanyard and crank the motor.
    alarm should sound.
    if it does not, fix it.

Comment

Thanks for that Rodbolt. You put my mind at ease, Glenn

Comment

It would not be a bad idea to test the system to verify all is working well.

Remove the plastic sump on the engine mounted main oil tank. Drain the oil into a clean container and add it to the boat mounted tank. Clean, reattach and secure the sump. Probably needs to be cleaned anyway.

With the remote tank being filled with oil and the main tank being empty, turn the key to the on position only. The buzzer should sound. The low oil alert on the tachometer should be activated. Oil should start to flow from the remote oil tank to the main oil tank. When the main tank is about half way filled the buzzer should stop and the alert function on the tachometer should stop. Oil will continue to flow until the main tank is filled or 180 seconds time has passed after the key was turned on.

If the tank does not fill within the 180 second period that the pump runs you might want to think about changing the oil strainer on the remote tank. When was the last time it was changed?

Comment

Working...
        X