Impeller problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impeller problems?

I just replaced new impellor kit and its still not peeing any thoughts . 2001 yamaha 3.1l vmax. Thx

tell tale line is clogged??

Comment

Not peeing?

No, its not clogged, i even flushed it thru the hose adapter on the side of motor and it flowed fine. When i winterized it last winter i made sure all water was out of the system and carefully wrapped motor up . Spring came and just wasnt peeing.

Comment

Would a stuck shut thermostae cause it not to pee thru the tell tale?

Comment

A bad thermostat would keep it from working. You can take the thermostat out and put it in a pan of hot water to see if it opens or not.

I am not sure if your water pump fits on a spline with teeth, like a gear, or does it have a key way between the water pump and spline? Is the water pump actually turning? Good Luck!

Comment

T-stats have NOTHING to do with telltale water.
            tell tale water exits the block beside the pressure control valve housing and travels through the voltage regulator and out the restrictor.

Comment

Originally posted by okeechobee View Post
              A bad thermostat would keep it from working. You can take the thermostat out and put it in a pan of hot water to see if it opens or not.

I am not sure if your water pump fits on a spline with teeth, like a gear, or does it have a key way between the water pump and spline? Is the water pump actually turning? Good Luck!
              You may be confusing a Yamaha motor with a Mercury motor.

Even in a Mercury a bad thermostat would not necessarily prevent the motor from peeing. Assuming that the badness was the thermostat being stuck in the open position.

Comment

Does not take much to plug off the small passages( a little sand or shell, or even a chunk of stuff flaking of the internal passage )and if the regulator does not get cooling flow then you can let the magic smoke out of it.
                Might try blowing some air up the tell tail to see if that move stuff around enough to get a flow.

If it was working fine before you changed the water pump then I would be looking at what you did to it

If PRV is stuck open it could be dumping too much water at idle to fill the block
                Last edited by 99yam40; 03-28-2015, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X