No announcement yet.

Please Help....Twin 2000 250 ox66 Solid 3 bars on tach NO oil transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any reason why you deleted all of your post Boscoe99? I just got home to start troubleshooting utilizing the diagram you provided to find its gone now. I'm sorry you guys feel like broken records. I'll do my best to figure this out on my own. Thanks

Comment

Too many cooks spoil the broth.

Comment

you don't have to figure it out on your own, make sure of your exact model, and do a simple search on threads by rodbolt, the answers will be there in plain English, complete with proper testing procedures, do NOT just start checking voltages and guessing, it is a very simple system, as long as you go about it methodically, and rodbolt has covered it 1001 times now.

Comment

Bosco99 your wiring pics you posted would have helped him.

if he does not have a service manual already for his motor he really needs to pick one up

Comment

Originally posted by ausnoelm View Post
            you don't have to figure it out on your own, make sure of your exact model, and do a simple search on threads by rodbolt, the answers will be there in plain English, complete with proper testing procedures, do NOT just start checking voltages and guessing, it is a very simple system, as long as you go about it methodically, and rodbolt has covered it 1001 times now.
            Do you have time to help find and post some of the specific posts that might be able to help this fellow? He might not be as able to locate what is needed. Searching amongst a 1001 posts might be like looking for the proverbial needle in the hay stack.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
              Bosco99 your wiring pics you posted would have helped him.

if he does not have a service manual already for his motor he really needs to pick one up
              The service manual will be of some help but without an understanding of what does what, and when, it is very difficult to trouble shoot. Unfortunately, a Yam service manual does not provide theory of operation.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                Do you have time to help find and post some of the specific posts that might be able to help this fellow? He might not be as able to locate what is needed. Searching amongst a 1001 posts might be like looking for the proverbial needle in the hay stack.

I have had problems finding things myself when searching the posts. So if someone has a link to his posts that would help it would be a nice gesture to post it like Boscoe99 said.

Here is a thread I bookmarked that may help
                http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...html#post60379
                Last edited by 99yam40; 03-26-2015, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Not too sure if this will work, but this is the link to the very first search by rodbolt, you might find a few threads about it here??/
                  Yamaha Outboard Parts Forum - Search Results

Comment

its like I posted.
                    FIRST verify its an oil related alarm.
                    I posted how to simply test this.
                    then go on.

Comment

Replaced both oil level switches in boat reservoirs and everything is working as should. Problem did not lie in the SWB itself, but in the connections at the harness for the SWB.

Comment

Hopefully the harness connectors will hold up for awhile, but it may be a good idea to try and clean them and put some dielectric grease in there to help seal out moister and corrosion

Comment

10/4. Will do. Thank you

Comment

Working...
                          X