X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FL250DET shortblocks

Hi all

I'm in a need for two shortblocks for F250 4.2L

Is there a single part number for the whole assembly or do I have to order each part separately?

Regards, Gunnar

http://rafnar.is/rib/leiftur/
    Last edited by Gunnar00; 03-12-2015, 08:54 AM. Reason: Wrong link to the boat

2006 and Later F250XCA Yamaha Outboard CYLINDER CRANKCASE 1 Diagram and Parts

Comment

So I can't just buy a assembled short block with rotating assembly?

G

Comment

Flagship Marine Engine Co., Punta Gorda, Florida. Ask for Jeff. Ask for rebuilt powerhead, or they might be able to rebuild your's.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar00 View Post
          So I can't just buy a assembled short block with rotating assembly?

G
          Go and review the parts catalog that I lnked you too.

A short block is referred to by Yamaha as a crank cylnder assembly. Item one in the llustration.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply,

There are 6 "Cylinder Block Assy" with different numbers and the same price ($5,619.18)

Is this a block asembly with crank, roads, pistons, pins and rings?
            And if so, witch part number do I order? And is there a part number for the gasket sett (all the gaskets needed)?

FL250DET X 6CG 1004730
            FL250DET X 6CH 1000682

Thanks,

Gunnar

Comment

How do you come to the conclusion that there are six cylinder block assembly part numbers shown? I see only two.

Where are you located? What part number short block did your local dealer tell you that you need?

Like most Yamaha data, the parts catalog is screwed up. If one already knows how to use it, it is marginally acceptable. For someone that is just a boat owner it is just about impossible to use it in some instances. I find it easier to use the parts catalog at Yam USA's website to get part numbers. Then go to boats.net and get pricing. Yamaha Outboards

My best guess is that you need part number 6CE-W009B-05-9S.

A power plant gasket set is shown in the illustration that is labeled as Repair Kit 1. 6CB-W0001-02-00.

Comment

Working...
              X